Forum home Babies Baby

g/c from PG - can anyone recommend a good tens machine?

Piggypops - thanks for posting in PG about the ones on sale in Lloyds - that's what reminded me to ask this question!

Me and a friend who is due a few weeks after me have decided to jointly buy a tens machine but there seem to be SO many out there! Just wondering if anyone used one during labour that they could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

MN
37+3
xx

Replies

• I bought the Lloyds one, and I bloody loved it! It was brilliant, just what I needed ot help me out during the early stages of getting from 3cm to about 7cm. I paid ??29.99 for it, and that's only a little more than the cost of hiring from Boots. I know a lot of people say they didn't feel it did anything, but I really felt the difference, especially when it was combined with gas and air. It made contractions more copable, while still allowing me to feel what was going on. It's very empowering to feel in control of your pain relief! x x x
  • mama tens was great, although not sure if they are just hire...
  • Yea i hired a mama tens and was fab, i got too 8cm with just that alone!

xxx
  • I had the lloyds labour with boost and it was bloody fab. Did 9 hours with a back to back labour and got to 4cm so I can't recommend it enough.xx
  • I had the lloyds labour with boost and it was bloody fab. Did 9 hours with a back to back labour and got to 4cm so I can't recommend it enough.xx
  • I had the Obi tens and found it really good.

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• sorry for being so slow to say thanks but thank you ladies! recommendation are great I'll check those out! xx
  • I bought the one from Lloyd's Pharmacy too, and unfortunately it broke within about 2minutes of me putting it on, so I had no pain relief until I arrived at hospital, fully dilated! Maybe I was just unlucky and got a duff one, but just in case, I wouldn't buy one from them.

Rosalie and Flynn (1 week)