Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

early walker late talker is it true?

im a little concerned about my son he ha no intrest in talking at all he is 15 months old and hardly says a thing but is very very naughty !!!! he has been walking since 9 months my hv is going to do a early review on him as she is also concerned he has no fear what so ever and can hurt himself and go back and do the same thing???:\?

Replies

• Hi ya hun, Macey is exactly the same dosent say much at all apart from ta, mum, dad, dog, cat and fish! Must be something with the august babies. She started walking about 2 weeks before her 1st birthday but dosent really have any interest in talking. She is bright as when i put a book in front of her with pictures she knows what they are like dog cat pig and fish but hoping she will talk more soon. Let me know how the health visitor goes. Macey has this things about banging her head she dosent seem to hurt herself doing it?? xx
  • a friend of mine who's little boy is now about 20month was walking from 11months old, but did not speak a word up until a couple of months back at 18months ish, now in that short space of time he has learned so many words and can even join a few to make a sentence!

initially my mate was worried about him. So going from that experience i'd say not to be too worried!
  • my son walked at 9moths and was saying words every now and again like dada and yes. He has said random words ever since. He is now 2yr 4months - I am worried about the lack of speech. He tends to put all his energy in the physical aspect of things and not the speech. Anyone give me any advice??