Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Names for Twin Boys

We have no idea what to call the twins (boys) anyone got any suggestions??? We would like a names that are slightly different but not strange or weird and definately not names that go like for example Bill and Ben or Dick and Dom. My son is called Luke and I like shortish names, the surname would be Ainsworth. Suggestions welcomed just for a bit of fun.

Replies

• hiya
    for twins i think the names alexender and zachary are nice but obviously alex and zac for short its like an a-z of what kids are really like lol
  • Hey, Me n OH joked about having twins n got a little bit excited lol.

We thought of Micheal and Lewis (Mike n Lewii) as our 'normal' names or Ellis and Harrison for our "normal but not totally" names lol... and I think it was something weird like... Barker and Seamus thought coming on here i've realised how weird they aren't!

Sorry i couldn't be much help! Google weird names. It comes up with a few good'uns

xxx
  • Dick n Dom....that's well funny! But Dom...mmmmm, I soooo would.
    Anyway, that's another story image

We always really liked Dalton. It's the kind of name no one would pick on at school and when they are a man everyone wants to buy them a drink. Can't think of another, sorry. Joe is pretty cool.

By the way congratulations on having your very special little fellas. Wishing you a good pregnancy
    xxx.
  • Sorry this isnt gona help u one bit but i went to skool with twin boys called peter and paul, and everyone used to sing that song to them: "two lil dicky birds sitting on a wall, one named peter, one named paul" their parents clearly didnt think it through, lol. Gud luck on deciding ill be no help i chose my daughters name 20mins before she was born, lol. xxx
  • NEVER!!!! That's worse then Dwayne Pipe who my mum used to go to school with.
  • Here's a list from a baby names site with suggestions. They aren't everyones cup of tea but it's quite interesting some baby name websites actually have a twins search engine.

I think a boy's name I really like is Liam, but I don't know if that's any help. Good luck.

xx

Jacob & Joshua
    Matthew & Michael
    Daniel & David
    Isaac & Isaiah
    Taylor & Tyler
    Landon & Logan
    Brandon & Bryan
    Christian & Christopher
    Andrew & Matthew
    Joseph & Joshua
    Ethan & Evan
    Jacob & Joseph
    Alexander & Benjamin
    Caleb & Joshua
    Joshua & Matthew
    Nathan & Nicholas
    Andrew & Anthony
    Jayden & Jordan (also Jaden & Jordan)
    Elijah & Isaiah
    Alexander & Nicholas
    Hayden & Hunter
    Jacob & Zachary
    Logan & Luke
  • Hi
    I found it so hard to decide on names for my los and it must be even harder to decide on 2 at the same time.

2 ladies at my sons school have both just had twin boys and they are called Hayden and Harley ( at bit samey but I do like the names).
    Then Harry and Matthew.
    Boys names I like are James ,Edward or eddie ,Henry ,oliver.
    2 mums at mother and toddlers have had boys recently and they have called them Bailey and Blaze - they are not twins !!
  • I always liked Liam for a boy but hubby has a cousin called liam so that was out for us. Cole was very nearly going to be Connor but in the end we changed our minds. Jacob & joshua are names i've always liked, but hubby hated - although he liked Jacob for Cole's middle name.

Dwayne pipe is pretty bad - hubby went to school with someone called wayne king! And peter and paul..well thats just mean! I know someone with twins called jack & daniel which is bad too! Personally I don't like the 'linked' names - if I had twins I'd prefer totally different names but its up to the parents really.
  • We have a few sets of twin boys in our family there names are (starting with my fave lol)

Callum and Ethan
    Philip and Alan
    Stephen and John

I think Callum and Ethan are really sweet boys names and they go well together, they also have a brother Euan which I think is a nice name
  • My oh is a twin - he is James and his brother is called John.

If u cant decide you could pick 1 each! Sorry im not much help!
  • boys names i like. my lo is called sam image

deacon
    jordan
    callum
    fraser (oh and los surname lol but love the name)
    oliver
    toby
    milo

• Cant be much help either...love the names Benjamin,Toby,Jack,Joe and Jayden..Oh and Sawyer but thats for rather silly reasons hehe.......Knew a guy called Joe King!(lol)anyway hope you can think of some names you like,its hard enough thinking up one name let alone two so good luck!
  • Thanks for the ideas will let you know what we decide on.
  • My friend called her twin boys Aaron and Ronan. I think they are both lovely names. I also picked those names if I had a boy. I think they suit together.
  • Think I'd pick totally different names if I had twins (although saying that both my girls have a flower name!)

I'm not much good on boys names but my two faves are Finlay and Oscar image

Good luck choosing!

xxx
  • My friend just had twins and called them Brodie and James (Jay for short).
  • Tee hee, I was gonna put Bill and Ben for a giggle but you beat me to it!!!! Good luck choosing!
  • This is a bit late for Soda as she's already named her boys now but just wanted to say, Elaine i went to school with twin boys called james and john!! How funny. Gemma X x