Forum home Babies Baby

Refusing to sleep in cot / moses basket during the day

My 7 week old daughter has refused to sleep in her cot or moses basket during the day since she was born. I have told the health visitor that she does not sleep during the day at all and I get the feeling she does not believe me! She also spends the whole day screaming in between feeds - we are on our 3rd type of milk & I've been told she may have reflux - which she is on Gaviscon for. I am also using gripe water for wind. None of this is making any difference and I am approaching the end of my tether!

If someone can give me some tips on how to get her to sleep in her cot / moses basket during the day I would be really grateful! (She sleeps in the moses basket at night without a problem!)

Replies

• hi :\) Do you keep her in the same room in the day as you do at night? Also is it dark enough for her? What I'd do is take her where you normally let her sleep, have it dark, & just sit in there very quiet and shhhhh/rock her or do what you normally do to get her to sleep.... maybe even give her a bottle? hopefully she'll drop off if not at least she'll have a bit of quiet time :\) eventuallly she'll get used to at a certain time being quiet and hopefully sleeping.. :\) Also have you raised her cot at one end to help with the reflux/wind? I use 2 catolgues :\) x