Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Car seats in the passenger seat

2»

Replies

• I've always put my kids in the back and my mum wouldn't let us sit in the front ever. I'd always assumed that if you get shunted from the back and the car is doing 40mph then the force of impact is 40 mph but if you have a head on accident and you are doing 40mph and the car driving at you is doing 40mph then the force of impact is going to be 80mph so your car is going to be much more of a wreck and the front passengers are going to take the impact directly.
    what do you reckon? i know nothing about these things but thats what i'd kind of assumed. i mean at the end of the day if you're in a really bad accident it probably really isn't going to make much difference where you are in the car as has been said. lets hope it doesn't happen to any of us anyway.
  • I stick with the back seats because they have isofix. Hubby drove once with Hayden in the front (airbags disabled) and said never again! He found it too distracting having him next to him.
    In regard to the engine position, a friend once took my dad's car while he was drunk. He drove straight into a brick wall, but because he had forgotton to buckle up he was launched through the windscreen. This actually saved his life because the impact sent the engine flying into the front seat! xxx

Cat 16+4
  • Thanks girls!!

I am even more confused now as to where to have her!! She is asleep as soon as we move off anyway so I suppose having her in the back will be fine for shorter journeys!

Longer ones though I might have her in the front as sometimes she wants her dummy image xx