Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dribble rash - What cream do you use?

Zara is really dribbly at the moment & has come out in a dribble rash. So far I've used sudacream & magic cream on it which are helping but arent clearing it up as quickly as I would like. I was wondering what the rest of you used & found best?? xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hilary,

Good old aqueous cream seems to help Haydn. We find sudocrem too thick and it just sits on his skin where as aqueous soothes the redness and soaks in almost instantly.

How are you and you little ladies doing? How is the teething going?

Denise xx
  • Options
    Thanks I think I'll have to go & get some tomorrow. No sign of teeth yet. Lots of dribbling & red cheeks from time to time but other than that nothing yet.

We are all good now we've got over that nasty bug. We all had it bad except for Zara, who other than a few runny nappies, was in great form!! Dont know how she managed to miss it!!

How are you & Hayden keeping?
  • Options
    I'm hesitant to put medicated cream so close to his mouth. Lanosil nipple cream makes a good barrier for the drool and it's safe if any gets in the baby's mouth.
  • Options
    We're good thanks Hilary. I just typed out a post to you and I had somehow logged out and lost it so I'll try again!

I'm glad to hear that you are all better. Haydn has regained some of the weight he lost with his tummy bug, I'd like him to be a bit chunkier though so that he has something to lose when he starts getting more active. Does that make sense?

My bump is getting bigger and I am starting to feel more movement from the baby. I keep thinking of you when someone mentions ttc, me'n'H are sending you positive thoughts!

Allie73 - I hadn't thought of using Lanosil, I think I've still got some somewhere. I understand your point about being close to lo's mouth. Haydn tries to lick my fingers when I'm putting the cream on too, this makes me giggle, then Haydn sees me giggle and joins in. By the end of it we have cream everywhere but on his chin! It's great being a mum, only other mum's could understand why the cream thing is so funny!

Denise xx
  • Options
    hi. i have always used good old vaseline. it is safe to use so if any does happen to get into baby's mouth it won't harm them and a great barrier cream which moisturises as well. also good for sore nipples when breastfeeding.xxxx
  • Options
    Hi, I swear by vaseline it works wonders.
  • Options
    i use vaseline on matthew to and it must be safe cos Joshua (1 n half) decided to eat a tub of it and was fine afterwards!! xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I have some vaseline so I'll try that xx