Forum home Babies Baby

omg anyone else broody so soon!!!!

well i had my 4th lo just 11 days ago, and i was adamant this baby would be the last one. but even after a very achy pregnancy (labour and birth was okay), and a stint in hospital due to numerous problems. i look at my daughter and think i would definately do it all over again. it also saddens me looking at her and thinking of her as being my last baby, i don't wat her to grow up. now i don't know if its hormones making me feel like this, or whether i will still be feeling the same in several months time. but my hubby is supposed to be going for the snip, but now i really don't want him too. i would happily go in for number 5 within the next 2 years, but the only thing that puts me off is the criticism i'll get of friends and family, i had a lot of critisicism when i had number 4, also people refused to believe that i would actually plan a fourth baby, what the hell would they say for number 5????

sorry if bit of rant but i've been bottling this up for a few days now and its really starting to get me down. i mentioned it in passing to hubby and the response was very unpleasant so not really spoke about this to anyone.

would be really interested to hear from people who have more than 4 kids??? and the reactions and responses you got when you made the decision to have more xxxxxxxx

Replies

• The one thing I will say is don't let other people make the decision for you - so what if they criticise - you've been thru it already by the sound of it - and you'd never forgive yourself if you let that stop you xxx
  • ps - ds is 6 months and I'm super broody - always said I'd wait until he was 2 and a half ish before we have another but don't know if I'll be able to wait that long! LOL
  • Like smithyswife said don't listen to other people. Obviously you need to come to an agreement with your husband about it but I would say that everyone else can mind their own business. I am already wanting (we are kind of trying) baby number 2 (i know its not 4th)and ds1 is only 5 months old. XX
  • I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now!

I had the same thing.

My DD is 19 weeks old today, and I'm about 12 weeks pregnant!

I think its normal to feel broody after you've just had a baby - it doesn't get everyone though or every time. (After my first baby 8 years ago I didn't feel broody until 6-7 years later!!)

When I'd just had my little girl in November I was overcome with emotions and how I wanted to do it again, how beautfiul she was and she was such a good a baby! I wanted a clone! (as my other DS is 8 years older!) My hubby felt the same to be honest and due to medical reasons I couldn't go back on the pill so was thinking about all the other methods, then I fell pregnant! I have very mixed feelings about it now though.

We both wanted another one but obviously not straight away! I'm bascially too scared to have an abortion as I cant look at my DD without thinking 'how could I kill another one of you?' so I feel a bit stuck!

My DD is becoming more work as she is growing and I cant help but think 'how the hell will I cope?' I'm terrified. I dont have all the soft mushy feelings I had when she was newborn either! lol She's started screaching all the time and doesn't let me get on with ANYTHING despite being bought a jumper-bloody-roo for ??90! a playmat for ??30, and door bouncer for ??20! lol I also work from home in our office so getting anything done is becoming difficult!

I feel terribly sick this time, and tired and ill all the time with this one (never had it before with son or daughter!) and I cant help but think 'christ, is this twins?'

I think by your partners reaction that you should not fall pregnant just yet! maybe give him time. and most importantly yourself some time as you will probably feel different in 4 months! you have 4 now, and I only have two with one on the way and am worried what people are going to say! so I know how you feel - especially my stupid cow of a MIL. She already gets on my nerves and I get migraines when I know I have to see her I get SO tense! I dont even want her to know I'm pregnant. EVER. She is one of the main reasons I keep thinking 'am I doing the right thing?' I hate her to be honest and hate the pressure she puts on us to see my daughter, what the hell will she be like when she finds out I'm having another one???? I dont want to have to go see her as it is!

I'd hate for anyone else to be in my predicament to be honest. I dont feel in a good place at all and I do sort of wish I had found an ideal contraception sooner!

Maybe you feel worried as well that your partner having the snip is so final? My partner has mentioned he wants to get 'done' as well. I totally agree with him as it means I dont have to take drugs to prevent a pregnancy ever again. It just still is so FINAL! so its a big cast in stone message to us fertile women that our men cant produce anymore and we are therefore redundant! no longer fit for making babies. Its a weird feeling to get your head round!! but I do think its right for us as we will have two babies between us, and we both have one each from a previous marriage! so lots of complications already! so us having more would be ridiculous! not saying it would be for you though!!! but I do think you and your man have to be on the same page though!

Good luck, and congratulations on your baby!!!
    xx
  • I'm just going to second what has already been said, Don't let other people make the decision for you. Especially when those same people will turn around after babe is here and grin like mad as they show off THEIR gorgeous gran baby! I would wait and just see how you are feeling in a few months time as just having had my fourth 2 weeks ago, I would say that your body has worked so so hard four times it needs a little TLC, but then if you have that feeling that someone is missing form your family, then have another, there is no greater blessing than a baby. And yes, I am sat here with four babes and would love to have another. Dh and I have planned to ttc around babes birthday next year.

good luck hun and enjoy your lo

xx
  • I would love another as well Luke is nearly 7 months old and as soon as I had him I said i'd do it all again, unfortuntely for me this won't be happening as hubby left us 3 weeks beforn Luke was born!

• i agree with the others as long as you and hubby are happy it doesnt ,atter what anyone else thinks, LO is nearly 13 weeks and although he is our first i so want another!!
  • my other kids are 9 1/2, 7 1/2, 2 1/4 and then bubs at 11 days. i prefered the smaller age gaps. but if i did go in for another one it wouldn't be until the end of this year beginning of next, then my 2 yr old would have started school by then, and youngest lo will be about 18 months - 2 yrs xxxx
  • I felt broody again only days after having Haiden! We aren't really in the "place" to have another yet though unfortunately xx
  • Not in your position as I only have the one!

Liam is 4 weeks old and I cant help but think about the next ....

We are going to wait at least a year and half before we think about it, least then he should be walking about and communicating.

I wouldnt say im broody for a baby ~ more the pregnancy, labour and birth ~ am I mad?? Haha!! I just want to do it all again. Perhaps its because I had such a good pregnancy, and the labour and birth only lasted 3 hours and 55 minutes from start to finish. I felt my first contraction at 9.30pm and by 1.20am he was here! Here's hoping for another experience the same image

I wouldnt let others put you off though. Its up to you what you want to do, and as long as your all happy and things will work with you having your 5th then I say go for it. My hubby always wanted 5, that was until Liam come and now he has settled on 3! I think big families are lovely. Once they are all grown up, look at the life you will have, always busy, fun and someone around! Sounds perfect.

Emma xx
  • Esm???? is 10 days old and i said while still in the birthpool next time my hubby can do the pushing bit :lol: the mws were going "next time!" we have always planned to start ttcing for the next at christmas this year. it took us 18 months to get her! she is my first though.

my aunt had a child last june and her next is due in may, but she is in her 40s and these are her first.