Forum home Babies Baby

trapped wind - will it pass?

13»

Replies

• Oh babe i know exactly how youfeel iwas up the whole of last nightwith daisy rubbing her back she was actually asleep but crying and straining inher sleep, and at 5.30amshe gave me the biggest smile ,it breaks my heart to see her insomuch paintoo, we just have tohope they grow out of it.
  • :\)hi ladies hows it all going with your lo just had to say i ask the hv it call in as i have had it with being told one thing by one another by another. she said that i is ok for me to give jack a little bit of calpol at nite to see if this settles him her idea not mine im very surprise as he is only 7wks and 6wks early but i will give it ago. he is in so much pain all the time im hoping this may help. hope u and ur winding lo are well
    tori and jack XxX
  • Hi all,
    Hope the calpol worked Tori. Matthew still howling the place down at times. He's 10 weeks today so hopefully it will sort itself out soon. Had the best night ever on Sunday (which turned out to be a fluke) last feed at 9pm then slept til 5am. Was totally gobsmacked. Back to the same pattern last night though - 2am and 6 am feed. Damn!
    How are the rest of us windy mums? westbrom? lolstephen?
    xx.

• Hi all. Hope we all ok.
    Tori- I rung the Aptamil hotline and they said that all their formulas contain all the necessary nutrients for development etc. On the Aptamil 1st carton it does say contains LCP's etc. The midwive on the phone said these are 'extras' not necessities, so Aptamil easy digest is fine. Hope you ok hun.x.

• Hi girls not had much time to come on here lately and tobe honest nothings changed. daisy still suffering from trapped wind an thrashing around all night, im still knackered and im counting the days down to this 12 week mark. bikerchick you will get there quicker than me so i am counting on mathew changing overnight. My sister in law slept over with daisy on friday night and she did not move once!!!! nor did she want a feed till 8am!!!!! And last night i asked my mum to stay over with her as i had had such a bad few nights and she too aid she woke a few times but went back to sleep with her dummy!!!! so now i think they must thinnk im mad and making it up!!!! Daisy has had injections today and is even more grumpy than normal and i am dreading tonight!! So as you cansee i have nothing cheery to say, hopefully willin a few days take care girls xxx
  • Hi guys,

Had a nightmare few days. Ella's reflux has gotten worse and she was throwingg up every feed. Just home today from hospital with new meds so hopefully these will work for her. Found out last night that one of my pals babies died. She was in on monday to be induced and not sure what has happened but she was told that baby has died and is in today to give birth. I broke my heart when I found out.

I feel so helpless and worried about seeing her especially with Ella. Life can be so cruel.

• oh sweetheart that is so tragic, i dont know what to say. Try not to worry about being with Ella, your friend willbe devestated and will need you. Hope Ella is better on new medicine lots of love xx
  • hi girls my nice hvcame to see me today rather than that horrid one apparently she has had to goback to old practise shame!!!!! anyway she has got me a prescriptionfor lactose free milk so i am about to try daisy on this. i so hope it works as she is getting worse every day. she will be 9 weeks tomoro so i thought she would be getting better. just googled lactose intolerance andit brough up symptoms including wind and stomach cramps. she isnt sick or have diareher though so its probly not that but im praying it is. i scored 16 in post natal depression quiz ha ha thats a joke its only cus i scored high on the sense of humour anxiety and sleep questions. i told her i am not wasting mine or doctors time by going so she said can i come and see you next week then. as soon as my daisy is sorted and sleeping i will be on top of the world!!!!! any way just thought id keep you up to speed . sending love to you all xxx
  • Hi guys.

Well Ella is much better. She has stopped being so sick now so hopefully the meds are now working ok on her.

Westbrom - how you getting on with the lactose free formula? Thats what Ella is on now too and she is much better with her tummy.

How is everyone else doing? Ella now sleeps about 7 hours straight and up for a feed and back down for 3 hours again. I love the sleep!!!
  • hi lolstephen well she had two feeds yessterday and five today and i ont even want tosay it but i think she may be bit better. last night my ohslept downstairs with her tillabout 4 whenshe woke, now normally shestarts thrshing around moaningand rubbing her eyes in her sleep two hours aftera feed anddrawing her knees up in her sleep all night long, but she did seem calmer last night. it could just be a one off though ill see what happens tonight. i cuddled her in bed till 8 am, this morning which was fine as id hadfour hours sleep which is lovely!! i struggle sleeping even when i can now thats the trouble its as if im just waiting for her to start crying i cant relax. i hope this milk is helping. So do they think ella has intollerance to lactose as wellas reflux or can it just help cus its gentler ontummy. enjoy your sleep anyway x
  • Good to hear - it did wonders for Ella.

Haven't had her tested for it - just used it as an experiment to see if it made a difference and it did. Run out of it today so will have to use sma gold tonight as chemist only stocks it here and closed. Hopefully she will still be ok - if not I'm in for a bad night.

She has bad reflux too but meds are helping her now.

Let us know how you get on tonight, I really hope this works for you. Maybe it is just milder on her tummy but she sleeps and doesn't scream her heart out anymore.

Have my pal coming round to see us tonight after losing her baby on wednesday. Hope she is ok with Ella and copes.

Speak soon

xx
  • Hi babe had a bad nightwith daisy she started at 1.30 am and had to nurse her in my arms till morning. she doesnt wake crying she just groans and whimpers but doesnt wale up it is such a shame as she seems so peacefull when she goes tosleep for first two hours. how long would you say it took for ella to make an improvement. daisy had a really hard poo today which im thinking is probably the milk too. hope you and your friend are ok tonight xxx
  • Help, i have our granson live with us, he 6 weeks old and he is screaming when he passes wind down below, how can we help him.

sue x
  • Hi there to all those suffering along with their los. My heart goes out to you cos I had the same problem. I can only reassure you that it does pass. The only extra bit of advice I can offer is that my lo really found chewing on his dummy when he was in pain helpful. I didn't plan on him having one but it was a real life saver. It didn't stop the pain but it seemed to take his mind off it and kept him calm during his spasms. He would settle a lot more quickly and be asleep almost as soon as it was over.
  • Oh my god yes it does pass this original post was put out in march or april i think and we were all pulling our hair out, our babies are now 6 months and beleive me the wind doesnt get trapped any more and they burp on their own now. i think it improved at 4 months rather than the 3 months we originally thought. if you look back at the post there should be some good tips on bringing it up. Our best way was rotating her body around so she is sat on your knee supportiung her head and rotating her waist around. Or stretching her keep moving lo around and it will move air bubble. good luck x
  • hi - i know this is an old post, but it sounds just like my son - what did you guys do in the end?

breif history - I had preclampsia - baby born at 38 wks and up to special care with low bolood sugar, hypothermia and suspected maningitis which he was treated for. Now at hom Im half breast feeding and on SMALF for lactose intolerance, with drops in my milk too in bottle. Baby wakes every night with chronic wind and tummy ache - please help! I have to feed every 3 hours, he is 8 weeks old but weak with no fat on him. I get him down after about an hour, then have to express for 30 mins, and have to get up 30 mins before he does to pretreat milk with coleif drops, so invbetween each feed (4 in night) I get 1hour if lucky but when he cries in his sleep I get none. plea\se help, I cant live on 3 hours sleep a day!!
  • hi to all you ladies posting,,,i thought id share my story with you all as i have been throught this once and am going through it once again wiv my second baby,,, my daughter ella was born 3 yrs ago underweight at 4lb 3 straight to special care,anyways cut a long story short,after 2 weeks she was home. i noticed she was starting to get bad wind and fighting her bottles,she was dignosed with reflux and put on gavison and renitidene,,ell never improved! Everyday she screamed,never slept more than 30 mins each time at nite it was a nitemare,,i kept blaming the reflux but i knew deep down there was someting else causing the pain :x ,,anyways ladies i had 14monts of no sleep an a baby i couldnt take anywhere as she wud jst scream.Finally at a routine consultants app i demanded an xray on her bowels as most of her screaming wud be passing wind down below,well this revealed a complete blockage which started at 2 weeks old and gradually getting worse n worse,,now she is 3 and still on bowel mdication everyday image I now have a 16 week baby boy who is exactly the same image hv is shit,,jst says colic,constipation,give gaviscon try changing milks,try colic meds,nothin is woking and im sick ov seeing him in pain imageops: Ladies please get ur babies bowels checked asap as this is more than likely the cause,x
  • Hi ladies, 

this is my first time on here, I've read threw a lot of your stories and they have really encouraged me, it's good to know that am not the only one not having a good time with my baby! 

Am a mum of 5 but my newest addition has made me feel like a first time mum! My wee boy is only 5weeks old and has really bad trapped wind me and my husband have been back and forward to the doctors as he suffers from constipation a lot and is very unsettled we have tried everything from gripe water to infacol etc but nothing seems to work his cryin is heart breaking and always seems much worse at night, his food has been changed to lactose free and they thought he mite have silent reflux but nobody gives us a straight answer bout anything can anyone give me any advice if really appreciate it????

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.