Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby hiccups

my lo (18 days old) keeps getting hiccups................the only way i have found to get rid of them is to feed her!
any other ideas?? or can anyone suggest why she gets them or how i can stop her from getting them?!

Replies

• brooke used to get hiccups all the time and the HV told me the only way for a baby to get rid of hiccups is to get them to swallow and hiccup at the same time!! lol easier said than done but i used to just give brooke some water in a bottle and hope she hiccuped whilstt swallowing!!

xxx
  • thanks, i guess thats why feeding her works! have tried giving her waer in the bottle but she's not so keen on it as she is feeding from me so i guess the chances of her sucking at the same time as she hiccups is very low!
  • Hi lisajoy
    My LO gets hiccups nearly everyday - i've tried letting him have some water, but tbh think they just gotta "ride em out"!!
    Sarah xx
  • Morgana always had hiccups since she was inside me, she kept bumping into my cervix every day!
    She still had hiccups several times a day when she was born and for about 4 months after. She still gets them occasionally now and she's 10 months old.
    It never seemed to bother her, she fed with it and even fell asleep with them. Once of the nurses in the neonatal unit where she stayed for 3 weeks said it's nothing at all to worry about.