Forum home Babies Baby

totally random but having a debate that needs solving.......

2»

Replies

• defo incy wincy, i think she getting confused with her polka dot bikini :lol:
  • It is incy wincy, but I have to add that I have a CD of nursery rhymes in the car and on that they sing itsy bitsy - American version maybe?

• I always thought itsy bitsy was the American version?
  • Be honest, 1ProudMummy, you're doing the actions as well, aren't you? :lol: x x x

How did you know?! Hahaha :lol: x

:lol: Because I was too!!!!!!! Only for research purposes to answer the original question, of course... image
  • All the way incy wincy for me x
  • Nope, not an Americanism. I grew up in the US singing Incy Wincy. Maybe an Australian variation? We have a CD with Australian singers which uses Itsy Bitsy.
  • I'm from New Zealand and our version goes:

Incy Wincy spider went up the water spout
    Down came the rain and washed poor Incy out
    Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
    And then Incy Wincy spider went up the water spout

Have never heard of Itsy Bitsy (bikinis aside)!
  • Peeptoe!! Your last line is wrong - then incy wincy spider went up the spout AGAIN. People will think we kiwis don't know how to rhyme, lol! (assuming you meant to say "again" or is there yet another version??)

C xo
  • definately 'incy wincy', as the other's have said, only itsy bitsy i know is the polka dot bikini (not mine of course, far from itsy bitsy!) ... might be a thing that comes with age, my mum plays 'boo' with ds but for some reason she always says 'bo'...bo??? whats that about then?! quite clearly is peekaboo, to 'o's makes it an ooo, silly woman!
  • WoW Baby - my MIL is the same! For some reason she says "pee-bo" to Toby all the time. I'm like, HELLO, it is blatantly PEEK-A-BOO. You can't just drop letters willy nilly.
  • i've always done itsy bitsy. oh well, gues i'm in the minority. but i am australian and that's how we sung it...
  • Incy wincy definatly!! Although my oldest sister says itsy bitsy??! She was raised in Germany (army child) so maybe it's a german thing lol!!

With peek-a-boo...I've always been taught it was peek-a-boo then when my neices and nephews came along everyone in my family (and SIL) started saying bee-bo....and ibhave no use why they changed it....I just go along with it lol xx
  • Oooh, My MIL does 'pee-bo' as well! We've now got 'Peek-a-boo! I see you!" and "Pee-bo, hello!" just for a bit of variety! image
  • to spice it up for u here is a wee version my ds1 sand at nursery!!

incy wincy spider climbing up the tree
    out came the snow and made poor incy freeze
    out came the sunshine and melted all the snow
    and incy wincy spider had another go!

A wintery version lol xx
  • Moonbeam, I love it! image I'll have to try that one if we get snow this year.

As for the 'pee-bo', 'peek-a-boo' debate, I think 'pee-bo'/'peepo' is an old-fashioned variation as in Janet and Alan Ahlberg's classic 'Peepo'. My mum says 'pee-bo' and I say 'peep-po' or 'peek-a-boo'. Peter just giggles. :lol:
  • Charlotte I hang my head in shame - you are right!
  • def incy wincy here, and the penultimate pig has none...

my MIL says peep-eye whe playing peek-a-boo image

xx
  • I think this debate has categorically proved that MILS are always wrong! image
  • I say Boo, but Peepo...

Penultimate piggy def had none

And MILs are WRONG

Fact! Lol!

Hxx

• I'm Australian and we sang incy wincy spider. But I have a CD that sings itsy bitsy.
    And I concur with the peepo and peek a boo thing. I play peek a boo with lo and MIL plays peepo......good thing lo just worries about the action.

MHZ