Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

child trust fund cheque

Hi all, I received my ??250 chq last week but don't have time to shop around for best option so it's still sat here. Where have other mums opened accounts and is there much difference between providers?? I have a hsbc, barclays and pricipality in local town... thanks all

Replies

• Options
    hi will let ya no wen i get my cheque just applied for my child benefit...so could be a few weeks...boots n mothercare are always trying to push the trust fund too u usually get incentives for joinin....
    swxx
  • Options
    Hi Camlo. I have just had a very quick look online. All seem very easy to open. You can get various offers for opening with people such as ??25 Boots Voucher or ??25 Mothercare Voucher. Just out of interest the Asda Child Trust Fund says don't worry if you have opened a CTF anywhere else, they can transfer it over and you still get ??25 of there vouchers. Might be worth looking at terms and conditions and by moving it over to another company claim both sets of vouchers - just an idea. Tracey
  • Options
    They are all pretty much the same to be honest. I opened mine with HSBC but I bank with them and thought it would be easier to just keep everything with the same bank.
  • Options
    both of mine are in halifax. it depends what u want to do moneywise with it. with quite alot of them u have to pay a certain mininum a month to the same account but the ones my kids are in u dont have to add anything and if u do then obviously it cant be touched until they are 18
  • Options
    Hi I found that I really didn't have time to go into what was the best option. I put it into the coop basically because I bank with them and because i knew it would be invested ethically. My step sister though floated hers on the stock market, which means nothing to me!!!