Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dark green baby poo (several)

Hi, just wondered if this is ok?? his poo been very dark green for a couple of days now and as you all know with the probs we been having with him?? what u think? Pls advise

[Modified by: sara1984 on 30 October 2008 16:11:12 ]

Replies

• Save one to show to your hv so they can advise you. I seem to think that dark green poo is a sign of wind trapped in their tummy...xxx
  • Is he on breast milk? Kyra sometimes has green poo and this is normal for breastfed babies. Normally it's dark mustard yellow
  • hi, no he is bottlefed, he been to hosp n he has severe colic, also waiting for results for intolernace to milk, lactose etc his poo is dark green like the green on the above add lol
  • could be milk intolerance sara, sound very much like how dj was before, hes no so much happier, like a different baby... hopefully it ids then ur milk is prescribed and u will have a giggley baby image
  • hi sando, did they do a stool sample test to find out?
  • yeah they took a poo sample and bloods... they havent confirmed but he is so much happier, normal poos, less colicing, happier baby in general, because he was bleeding they didnt wait for results before trying him on nutrimigen..
  • still havent got results will be monday now, doc said the poo sample will confirm 100%, i dont know what to do if he isnt cos then what is causing all this?? was talking to a lady in chemist and she said to put him on sma lf, and if it works they will prescribe it, but if it comes back he isnt intolerant i cant see how they will?? The nutrigrem (sp) what is it for? what intolerances?? can you buy it without prescription??
  • hi, Nathan has dark green poo sometimes. It does always go hand in hand with when he's being a bit miserable too. I thought it was to do with teething as he also has red cheeks and excessive dribble (always dribbles a lot) at the same time.
    Think I might call my hv on Monday now to check though.
    xx
  • nutrimigen and no you cant get if off of prescription. its for all allergies its hypo allergenic thing.. ask your doc,

sandie and a much happier DJ X