Forum home Babies Baby

Changed milk to Hungrier babies... Anyone else?

My little girl is 15 days old and over the past week she was been having 4 oz bottle of cow and gate premium, but has been screaming for more. We have sometimes been giving her an extra ounce, then she has been throwing up.

We have changed her milk to hungy baby today, because we just couldn't settle her at all. Has anyone else changed? Was there a difference? Did it effect her/him anyway?

Thanks

Replies

• Hey hun, i thought about changing to hungry baby too as Phoebe didn't seem to settle after her feeds but the midwife suggested she might just be thirsty and we should try and give her cooled boiled water if she wont settle after a feed, perhaps you could try that? x
  • this is abit harsh for babies - my health visiter suggested that they shouldnt be on it till about 6 weeks -hopefully some other ladies will have some more info x
  • Are you sure she is screaming for more milk if she throws it up afterwards? Sometimes babies with colic/wind think they are hungry because they feel pain in their tummies.
  • Yes definatley wants more milk. Shes chewing her hand and nuzzzling into our necks.
  • we changed at 8 weeks as he was never satisfied and couldnt take more oz, we noticed a difference over a couple of days he still fed as often but was so much more contented x
  • We changed to sma hungry baby at 8weeks, but our hv had also said not to do it until at least 6weeks. It took about a week for us to notice the change really, but then he started to be satisfied for the full 4 hours between feeds.
  • Sounds like reflux to me, which is when the milk burns their throat. Check with your HV.
  • this is abit harsh for babies - my health visiter suggested that they shouldnt be on it till about 6 weeks -hopefully some other ladies will have some more info x

Yes you are right as, it is actually advice by the doctors and this has to be followed for about 6 weeks, till that period you cannot give water. What I have seen from a long time is they got some stomach related problems when the milk has been changed and so many problems so, it is better to consult a doctor about this and then better to change a milk accordingly.

Thanks
  • both my son's have been on sma hungary babies. My eldest was fine on it, however my second had real problems with it, so we tried the aptimal hungry babies and he is sooo much happier on it!
    He had less wind and he poo was more free flowing rather then hard lumps!
  • Def sounds like wind/reflux to me. Hungry milk is just harder to digest than first milk, so really is a little harsh for a 2 week old I would think. Try using infacol as this really helped my DS at about the same age with the same symptoms.

It might also be worth trying a Cranial Osteopath which also really helped us almost overnight with his feeding.

HTH

Hxx