Forum home Babies Baby

Please, please help!

I don't know what to do, I'm at the end of my tether. Lo just won't stop cryin, won't let me put him down. He's 7 months so hes heavy! He won't even let me sit down with him. He just wants me to carry him around everywhere, I don't normally do this. He wont go to sleep even though he is soo tired, his eyes keep shuttin, but he wont let himself fall asleep. Ive just put him down in his cot while I write this but he's screaming his head off. He's been like this for a few days now. Oh.. hold on.. think he's dropped off, he's stopped cryin! Yea! But no doubt he will be really clingy again when he wakes up. I've not even got dressed the past few days because he wont let me leave him alone! The times when he's napping or he's sleeping at night, ive had to fit the housework in. He doesn't seem to want his dad even. He's off his food (which really isn't like him!), so I have just been giving him a few oz's milk here and there just so he's having something. Also he's started bein sick after milk again, but I think that's probably due to the crying. What do you think I should do? Don't think it's anything serious because the times when he does stop cryin (not for very long!) he is his cheery happy self and wants to play, and he doesn't have a temp. What should I do?

[Modified by: mummynicola on 30 May 2008 15:11:04 ]

Replies

• Hi Hun

Ive just this min posted something thats totally the opposite of yours- mines got a bloody stupidly high temp but is feeding well happy in herself and sleeping soundly but i dont know what to do as she has this fever of 40 degrees!! I booked a Drs appointment for mine maybe u should try and get one too if ur son is off his feeds? Is he teething coz my little girl got clingly when she started teething and wanted me to pick her up all the time!!! The only thing i found helped was to take her out for a walk in pushchair or a drive in the car to take her mind off the pain so maybe that could be worth a go?
    I know how u must be feeling anyway as ive had a few days like that recently where u feel like u cant even get urself dressed and end up feeling like a right boring frump stuck in a messy house as u cant even tidy up!!!!

Hannah xx
  • Could he be teething? you could try giving him some calpol?

When my lo gets himself in that state i just put him in the pram and walk around with him, the fresh air and movement normally sends him off to sleep! Or have a drive around in the car with him?

Good luck x
  • Hi. Sorry I haven't really got any advice to offer, but I didn't want you to think everyone was ignoring you. Is he teething at the moment? That could explain his recent behaviour. Perhaps you could try taking him out for a walk to get some fresh air, which may help to settle him. If you are worried or it continues I would perhaps give NHS direct a ring. Hope things settle down soon.
  • Hi my son was like this a few weeks ago and it really drains you, he was like that for about 3-4 days then he got a temp and cold then started being sick and he had a gastric viral infection and was like this for 9 days, the whole time he was glued to me went everywhere with me slept with everything i was so knackered but after 6 days i took him to docs to make sure he was ok, if you are unhappy with way he is take him to docs your his mum you know him best its just tiring when you cant get anything done or have any time to yourself and the crying.
    good luck and i hope he stops soon take care.
    vikki xx
  • My lo had a really nasty tummy bug recently anhe screamed the place down with that. The sooner you see a doctor the better Sweetie. Let us know how you get on. xxx
  • Do you think he may be teething as my lo was exactly the same for a few days then noticed he had 2 little teeth popping through x