Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone else in this situation

hello im just wondering if anyone else has got this problem we are in a 2 bedroom 1st floor flat and got 2 kids a 2 year old boy and a 3 month old girl and im really struggling i cant go out on my own its just to much and im starting to feel really down about it.the council have said there is nothing they can do to help us get a house.all we can do is look for a exchange but we cant find anyone to exchange with us.

sorry for rambling on

lisa xxxx:cry::cry::cry:

Replies

• hi hun, i know exactly how you feel. i have a 2 bedroom house and have 2 girls 12 and 9 and my little boy is 6 months. the council wont house us for at least 3 years if we are lucky. we have still got lo in with us as the girls want some privacy and sleep. we looked in to an exchange but like you say noone wants to go smaller. sorry no help. clare
  • could you put a sign up in a local shop about swapping?? ive seen them in shops near me. failing that go to the dr, its obviously getting you down, and you dont want that leading to depression.
  • hi Lisa
    I'm not in your situation as such, but we were after an exchange from a 2 bed house in surrey to a 3 bed house in devon we were told to join a website for people doing mutual exchanges and enter your swap details, e.g what the house/ flat is you have and what you are after the website is http://www.homeswapper.co.uk/?gclid=CNvPyrG9npECFRgaEAodxBgt8A
    you never know it may help, good luck
  • thank you so much for your replys.im going to see doctor and health visitor cos the latest is my son has fallen down stairs outside flat and banged his head.i feel so bad i shouldnt have let it happen. thank you bigmumma i will give that a go have you joined it and if you have did you find it useful. i hope it works cos i really dont know what else to do xxxx
  • HI Lisa
    yeah i did join it and had a couple of people interested but my dh changed his mind on moving so far away.
    Aw hows your sons head?
  • he has got a bump on his head but he is ok he just fell down the last 3 steps.i have just joined homeswapper so fingers crossed xxx