Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Playmat recommendations pls!

Hi ladies

Can anyone recommend a good playmat?

I'm looking for one with a bit of padding but that has a plastic backing so I can use it outside too.

I'm thinking of this one

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__68431_10001_#description_tab

but it isn't quite what I wanted as the reviews say it isn't very padded. Does anyone have it and can let me know whether it's any good?

I'm not fussed about one that has loads of stuff attached to it as I already have a play gym and was wondering if you have any recommendations

Thanks in advance

A
31+2 ID twins

[Modified by: trying4babyM on 29 April 2009 20:16:48 ]

Replies

• p.s all the toys/mirror are detatchable
  • Hello,

Sorry to gatecrash but how do you get the mirror off? They have either changed it or I am some sort of div!

• Cally ended up with a couple but our favourite is one from Ikea - is quite well padded with plastic type back, has a mirror, and some mini beasts and leaves on - the spider hides under a leaf. We use it in the house and the garden loads. I think it was ??20 a couple of months ago.

• hi mum2b...if you look at the bottom of the arches...theres a white prestud that pops the arches out of the mat....you can slip the mirror off that way image ... dont worry your not a div, i only found out by accident cuz i fell over it and lost my temper with it....lol....and was heartbroken cuz i thought id broken it and arch loves his mat lol
  • I'd sing the praises of mothercare's play place but i dont think it fulfils the outdoor requirements... although you could get a plastic mat to put it on.
    we love it, and because its sides fold up we used it as a ball pool for Ollie, and cant wait till we can get it out properly for missy image

xxx
  • I have the same one as Stephe, on her recommendation, and lo loves it. I pop a blanket down underneath it when we go in the garden. I can't wait to use it as a ball sit either!
  • Thanks for all your recommendations.

EmilyB - I have bought that one for inside. It looks like fun and hope they like it!
    aburn - that's exactly what I was looking for. Just need to find someone who is going near an Ikea who can get it for me as it isn't available to order online. Might dispatch my sister on her first Aunty duties image
    MummyStephe and Jemmajem - that looks like a nice one too. A good back up if I can't get the Ikea one I think