Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

lo not well

hi ya just wandered if any one has any way of helping ya lo when they have a cold. as tyler is 20 weeks old and he dont seem well he refuses to eat solids at mo his eyes look red underneath and he sounds very husky and coughs a bit should i call doc or let it pass

Replies

• my doc always says if you are in doubt at all you should take them. last time my lo had a cold she was just choked up for a couple of days but on the 3rd day she was being sick and very off. when i took her to docs she had an ear infection. if she is just out of sorts i would probably just leave him but if you arent happy i would take him to docs.xx
  • i agree if in doubt i always take my lo to the docs even if it is just a cold as my lo also had an ear infection and another time a chest infection without me noticing better to be safe than sorry x
  • if in doubt go to the dr it could be a chest infection or croup, if it is just a cold you could try saline nose drops or ephadrine nose drops to help when feeding.
  • hi,
    its awful when they are ill isnt it. my lo (13 weeks) and my 3yr old both have bad colds at the mo. Ive just been giving calpol and using karvol to help them breathe and luckily it seems to be clearing up.
    I do agree with the others though, if your lo doesnt seem to be getting any better go down the docs incase its something else as well as a cold.
    I think there is something going about at the minute loads of kids and people round here all seem to have come down with bad colds all at the same time. You can tell winter is coming when the kids start getting colds cant you lol.
    hope your lo feels better soon
  • i agree that you should get him checked - the Dr's really dont mind, better to safe than sorry, particulary if baby if off their food. its probably just a cold/virus, but could easily turn to a chest infection, babies are very suseptable as no proper immune system yet. not wanting to worry you, but its best to get anything unusual checked. xx
  • i agree that you should get him checked - the Dr's really dont mind, better to safe than sorry, particulary if baby if off their food. its probably just a cold/virus, but could easily turn to a chest infection, babies are very suseptable as no proper immune system yet. not wanting to worry you, but its best to get anything unusual checked. xx
  • My lo has a cold at the mo too. I got Medised from Lloyds Pharmacy. I spoke to the pharmacist and she said to give him the medised at night as it would help him sleep and to give him calpol in the day if he ran a temperature, which he hasn't. Pharmacist said if he wasn't any better in five days I should see the doc!