Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

who has a feeding/nursing chair?

i am looking at buying one to put in the nursery as the one i use is so uncomfortable, the problem is the doorway to the nursery has a tight corner and getting furniture in is always tricky! does anyone have a feeding chair and if so do they dismantle so that i can take it apart and then rebuild once in the room? (well i say me but that will be OH's job!)

Replies

• i had one but never used it and mine never did come apart and i had to get my dad in his big van to take it to the car boot for me! (on that note the bloke who brought it from me carried it home on his back so cant be too hard to move,lol!
  • ive never had one either. duing the day i feed her wherever we are (ie sofa / or we're out and about) and at night i feed her sat up in bed. i wanted one but so glad i didnt waste the money as i just would not have used it!
  • I have one and live it. I got it when my LO moved into his own room at 4 months (I fed in bed until then). It is so comfy and being as I was still up a few times every night until about a month ago, it has been fab. I also feed him in it before bed and we snuggle up and read stories in it.
    Mine was from kiddicare and came in a couple of pieces that my hubby put together, so you could assemble / disassemble in your room.
    HTH
    CG xxx
  • hiya

we just used a chair we got from Ikea & its fab, very comfy and it can be taken apart & put back together easily. you can get a matching footstool for it too if you need it .

Its called the Poang armchair - here's the link:-

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S79825211

xxxx
  • We got a standard fiddleback rocking chair and threw a crochet blanket over it. It is slightly smaller than a normal feeding chair but once we don't need it in the nursery (Peter still sits on our laps for stories at nap time and at night and gets rocked in it and I will use again for any future children), it will come down into the living room. It did come all of a piece but might be a slightly more manouverable option.
  • I've got one - it's from Tutti Bambini - and it definately comes apart. The base is separate from the chair bit, so you have to put it together yourself. They're not as comfy as the duttailer ones, but they're not as expensive either. I think my hubby got it for me from ebay?

xxx
  • thanks ladies, i have just got a dutailer one from ebay for a bargain ??31.00! very pleased with my purchase now just gotta hope it fits through the nursery door way!