Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is she ok???

My lo did a really runny poo. It was so bad that it was all over her back and her arms basically everywhere. Is she ok or is this summats to worry about?

Thanks
xxx

Replies

• hi hun its probably ok. theres lots of reasons that might cause runny poo. If you breasfeed and you ate something unusual and shes reacting too it. or if you weaning her and sahe tried something new, dont know how old you lo is. If it keeps going on for longer and you are worried book her with your gp x
  • she 11 weeks. i have given her a few spoons of baby rice but she didnt want so i didnt give her no more. i havent hurt her by doing that have i dont want to hurt her.

xx

[Modified by: Roxijayne on October 31, 2008 04:17 PM]

• If you think it was the baby rice maybe stop giving it to her for a while and see if things go back to normal. It won't have hurt her so don't worry. If it continues and you are worried try NHS direct. Hope it settles down soon, xxx
  • hi honey i'd personally not be worried at all, all babies have at least one "poo explosion" at some point - an up the back - down the legs, get there arms in it, rub it in there hair etc etc one! lol. way TMI but i wouldnt be worried unless she appears to be upset or in pain.

Also personally i'd ask the advice of your HV or GP before giving her baby rice as she is still really young! (sorry if you've already done that, hope i don't sound pushy or anything!) X
  • I wouldnt be worried, Gabe does this every so often just do keep me on my toes!!!
    xx