Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TEACHERS - maternity pay help!

OK this may get complicated but I need some help about the OCCUPATIONAL scheme not just the standard SMP.

My permenant contract with my LEA is for 2 days a week HOWEVER since April 2009 I have been on 2 different secondment contracts at different schools working FULL TIME. My current full time secondment contract ends on 31st Aug when I will already be on maternity leave and so my 2 day contract will kick in again. At this point in my maternity leave I will be on our occupational bit that gives us 12 weeks half pay plus SMP - so the question is:

Will the 12 weeks half pay continue to be based on full time as I will have been on full term contract for over a year or will it suddenly drop to being based on 2 day contract on 31st August???

Any ideas ladies??? My LEA are next to useless and I have scoured the internet but there is no advice about a contract change whilst on maternity or what this half pay is based on (everything just talks about the first few weeks 90% being based on the wage of 12 weeks before maternity starts) So I may need to ring my union but just wondered if anyone here had any ideas!

THANKS image

Replies

• I am not sure on this one. I found it confusing when I had my ds1. Have you tried phoning your personel department I had to do that when I decided to go back 4 days a week and wanted to know how much I would be on. I also had to ask about keeping my omp as i intend to move jobs 4 Sept. I have a sneaky feeling that it will be based on what your actual monthly pay is at the time so will drop, as they never seem to be generous with anything. - Other wise try asking your admin officer for the school your staying with to find out they might already know.
    Sorry cant be much help