Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

its probably been done before..but...XMAS!!!

13»

Replies

• Oooo love Christmas but I'm bit skint so haven't gone mad unfortunately! My dd will b 6 months so wil like the paper & decs more I'm sure. Iv got her:
    vtech pink mirror
    vtech ball
    Christmas clothes
    fisher price train (can't remember it's exact name)
    best bit is a canvas for her wall with her name & birth details on. It's gorgeous (danni minogue had one for her son & I loved it) thought it was something that she can always have!
    Shel b spolit rotten by my family too. She's getting a walker, bath toys, activity centre & loads more I'm sure.
    Woo hoo v exciting!

[Modified by: cp781 on November 16, 2010 10:32 PM]

• Oh no i just bought the whizz around garage today!! Grrr I umed and ahed over that or the happyland castle but went with the garage instead! Balls!! Not sure now whether to take it back but I am a bit useless at things like that and get all flustered!! Arghhh!
  • well since my last post i have been enjoying some more shopping (with the christmas music on in the shops already!) i also a house with their christmas decs up already yesterday (and i thought i was a mad lol) im also looking forward to taking dd to see santa even though she wont have a clue whats going on (much to hubbys amusement) 'just because' lol...

as well as the other things she now has:

*a talking fifi phone
    *a wiggle and giggle bird
    *bath toys (squirters, bubble maker etc)
    *some books
    *a rainmaker and shaker bells
    *shape sorting jigsaw puzzle
    *stacking cups
    *baby einsteins take along tunes toy
    *a mini mouse christmas beanie bear
    *a cot projector
    and
    *a bouncey hoppy horse toy thing (Cant remember the exact name of it)

i want to get some light up toys and things from baby sensory too.

She has (well mummy has) 18 things to open! image

I havent told hubby the full extent of it yet but this year we wont be spending much on each other so its ok and after a tough few christmas's not having my mum around this one is special so 'so what' if dd doesnt know whats going on...i will and i want it to be special to look back on!

Lx
  • i just want to say. Megabloks are evil. They reproduce!
    We have about 250 pieces!!

Jack's first xmas he was ill so he did not want to know at all!
    now he's 3 he's finally getting to the right age to really enjoy it, and to be threatened with father christmas not coming!!!

I've got him a remote control roary (which is only 9.99 in argos atm) and some transformers toys. Soooo much better now than boring little baby toys. Now i can play too!
    My dad has got him shake and go racing cars and i can honestly say now i do not think hes gonna get to play with them until march when the baby arrives and i wont have the time :lol:
  • i had to bump this up as i love christmas talk lol.....

cant believe its only 4 weeks away - where is time going?

this time last year i was almost 11 weeks pregnant and counting down to my scan on the 11th....what a difference a year makes!!!

Oh and i must stop buying 'just one more' wee things lol

Lx
  • Lol Lauz it's crazy isn't it??! Last boxing day I was about 6 months pg and complaining about crippling spd..and no booze to take the pain away lol!! So I'm so excited about this Xmas too!! I know what you mean about the pressies! I ordered a load of 'stocking fillers' online for ds and when they arrive they are huge and will no way fit in his stocking lol so he has even more to open now!!

Although, I got asked what I want and I have no idea??? It's my 21st in Friday too so anything I do want il be getting for that! Any ideas what I would like? Lol x
  • Aww Peanut happy birthday for Friday!!' my mum got me a lovely silver necklace and heat pendant for my 21st. I love it image

I've been shopping too lol and ds has the following just now;

*learn and groove table*
    *vtech baby laptop*
    *handy manny bath toys*
    *a garage from Argos*
    *mickey mouse that does the hotdog dance*
    *a bear from build a bear*
    *baby's 1st Xmas snow globe*
  • I love Xmas but where I've been so preoccupied with lo it only really occured to me that it's December next week! Any other year I would be begging dh to put the decorations up by now but it completely slipped my mind this year! Lo is only going to be 2 months old so we're not going to go mad, we're each just getting him one thing each. I've got him a sophie the giraffe and dh is getting him a doorway bouncer (even though he won't be able to use it straight away).
  • I'm looking forward to christmas.. it'll be our first as a family of 4. Most of our presents are wrapped and organised (and some distributed) already lol. I've been buying since May.

If it wasn't for having my son, we wouldn't have bothered with much for Tegan, she'll be 8ish weeks and doesn't really need much but we have bought her
    ELC playmat thingy with a tunnel & little ball pit thing (it was half price in May so I grabbed it)
    Little rag doll
    VTech ball thingy
    Thats not my santa & some paddington books for stocking
    Also going to wrap up a little catterpiller toy my mum has bought her for the stocking (only so she has similar amount of stocking toys as my son)
    Son has chosen a little frog toy for her
    There might be something else - I can't think offhand.

My son turns 3 just before christmas so its going to be chaos! We are still getting new baby presents too.. I think I need a tidy up!

As for the whiz around garage.. this ist he second topic I've seen lately with people saying how bad it is....my son was bought it for his first birthday and we have had no problems with it - yes the ramp & lift come apart occasinally if its bashed about or you pick it up funny but its sturdy and hasn't collapsed or broken despite the many times my son has climbed on it or tried to slide down the ramp. Still wish my brother had listened to me and bought the happyland firestation though instead... he's grown out of the garage really and it takes up too much space!
  • Princess87- thanks hun!! I got my nephew The sensory pit from elc a while back and he loves it..All the kids were climbing in and out playing! It's always been used as an indoor toy...you can buy more balls for it and use it as a ball pit too image xxx
  • i can't think of anything to get our LO because OH's family is getting her everything she needs anyway.
  • Peanut Baby we bought ds the vtech push and ride train last christmas when he was 11months and he loves it and still plays with it now. He loves the noises and is big enough to sit and ride it properly I think its the best thing we bought.

He also loves his vtech laptop but it says 'goodbye' when you close it so he always comes up to mummy's and closes it and says babye funny but annoying lol

This year so far we have only got a couple of things as his birthday is in Jan we have bought:
    a gruffalo trunki - so he can have his own suitcase when we visit family
    a mini henry hoover - his name his henry and he loves playing with ours lol

Will probably get some Chuggington stuff as at 22 months he has only just discovered tv and loves this or the music anyway lol

My dd will be 12 weeks so have bought her a playmat which she has now and will probably buy a dolly or something but we will save the rest and buy her something in the summer. We did this with ds last year and it worked out well cause he loves being outside so we got a trampoline.

I love Christmas and dressing up in new clothes so will probably also get a nice outfit each to wear on the day.

So excited!
  • Oh I forgot to say, argos has got offers on a lot of the vtech learning computer stuff - we just bought my son a vsmile handheld thingy for his birthday for half price.

And for those looking at chuggington stuff... if you have wooden train tracks too, then the chuggington interactive trains fit on the wooden tracks. We weren't going to buy the chuggington toys for Cole because he has wooden trains & track already and other trains and ...really..how many different train tracks does one boy need but since finding this out we've got him Brewster & wilson which he loves (and they have off switches ..good job as they go to bed with him!)
  • Like a lot of other it is our lo's first Christmas and we have gone mad, just finished wrapping it all up yday as hinny caught me letting him have a go on his rocking snail main present :-}

Anyway he has:
    Stanley snail rocker - main present
    Winnie the pooh walker
    Learn and groove table
    Ball pit + balls
    Discovery cylinder
    Stacking cups
    Stacking rings
    Books
    My first puzzle
    Cookie jar shape sorter
    Vtrch nursery Rhyme book
    Vtrch musical train

From family
    zebra
    Ride along car from elc
    Baby laptop
  • awww PB happy birthday for tomorrow....

no idea what you could get though- hubby asked me for christmas and i said a 'changing bag' lol i have an emmalunga one and liek the size of it but same as my pram its white but unlike the pram its looking somewhat wrecked and as its now my new bag (i have never ever used big bags always orefered smaller shoulder bags) i want a nice black leather one even though it wont necessarily match my pram. Althpough not necessartily black leather so does anyone have any ideas of nice ones (i looked at pink linning ones but not so keen on them as want something quite 'plain') other than not no idea. he said thats not a present i said it is and he can get me a nice new purse to go with it...man i feel old! How much my life has changed.

as for lo i am currently sitting with 22 things to wrap up but i dont like that number so need 'one more' thing after all lol....most of its only little. Saying that she has 23 already as i ordered one of those rocking horse toy things (m&ps) this morning but i suppose you cant really wrap that can you and i dont liek 24 as a number either hehe..

we are going to put our tree up next sat which i cant wait to see los face (i have twig lights in my room and if she is lying on the bed with me and i put them on she squeals in excitement...strange child lol) then she has a wee xmas party with baby sensory on the 11th so i reckon we'll go see santa on 18th.

have said to my sis to get her that winnie the pooh rattle thing i have heard alot of people talk about and a shape sorter and my dad to get a wee thing to open and just given me money which i can use to buy her summer clothes next year.

i really want to get a ball pit (would prob use it more indoors) but i think she is a bit young so saving it for her birthday in june...i think its quite nice having the 6 months apart. already i plan to get her a ball pool, paddling pool, chute, swing and ride along toy (not necessarily all from us though lol)

ooh i love christmas...past few years have always been really hard without my mum as she loved xmas so it was always a big exciting and family time and while been no point bothering now there is. i cant imagine how i am going to be 3 years from now when dd can actually understand 'santa' a bit more....there was a women in tesco the other day loading her trolley with all of these pink things liek disney princess dress up shoes and hairclips and all the wee glittery make up sets you get etc and got talking to me when i walked past saying she remembered when hers was that age...said she is now 5 and she was picking up 'just a few stocking fillers' i thought man im looking at myself in a few years lol.

ok enough waffling now...

Lx
  • Lauz have you looked at Lin and Leo changing bags? I love them but they're out of my price range. If it's a Christmas present though ...... I bought an OiOi bag last year (not plain though) which I do like, but my friend now has a Lin and Leo one and I'm jealous - hubby would go mad if I bought another though!
  • ohh i like the pink leather one!

Thanks for the link. its 139 which is a bit much but we were going to spend up tp ??????150 each anyway and it would last me even when she is older as it could be my 'mummy bag' lol. The oi oi bags look nice i'll need to have a look around.

~I think i paid ??????60 for the one i have and while i like it its so manky and cant be cleaned easily as there are material patches on it (the staps also have started to go a sort of weird pinky/orange colour - not good lol)

Lx