Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Recommendations - High chairs and Pop up travel cots

Morning Ladies,

I'm hoping that some of you might be able to me.

Firstly, I'm looking for a highchair or booster seat for my 6 mnth old son. I'd like him to be able to sit and eat off the table with us and also something that doesn't take up too much room, so not a traditional folding highchair. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've seen the Phil&Teds, chicco 360 and various booster seats, but am now feeling confused by it all! I then don't know whether to have something like a trip trapp instead, but I know they take up lots of room.

Secondly, I'm looking at pop up travel cots. I want something that is quick and easy to put up and get down. It's literally for about 5hrs, one night a week when we visit friends. I'm swaying towards the ncessity one as it literally does pop up and also has a sunshade if we want to take it away. I have also seen Nomad, Little Life and Samsonite.

Phew, that was long. Thanks for reading and your help.
Sam x

Replies

• Ikea high chair all the way for us. We got the seat, tray and booster cushion for just over ??20 and its best one we've tried so far. And because legs come off is dead easy to store. Had previously bought chicco one from asda but sold it as lo hated it.
  • Thanks for your advice girls, much appreciated.

Grizzlechops, I was going to get the ikea one and they didn't have any in stock when we went, plus they're the wrong height for our (ikea!) table.
  • Pmsl at ikea chair not fitting ikea table - typical! We've got a tripp trapp and love it, I think they take up less room than a conventional highchair IMO. There are a load going quite cheaply on ebay if you don't mind second hand

No help with the travel cot as we co-sleep so it wasn't needed!

xxx
  • I swear Ikea are laughing at all behind our backs with stuff like that!

Oh and the Trip Trapp is moving up the list!