Forum home Babies Baby

The day has come

Hi all, I'm about to take my lo for her first injections! Stupid I know but I can't help feeling like she's not going to forgive me. Someone tell me it's not that bad? She's had some Capol and a little sleep, any advice on how to comfort her tonight when she's cranky?

Replies

• my lo only cried for a few mins,injections made him sleepy! i gave calpol before bet as nurse suggested 2 give a dose straight away and one before bed but he seemed fine, guess i only gave bed dose as a precaution. good luck babe its not nice 2 c lo in pain but it dosnt last long. xx
  • Thanks, you were both right, it wasn't that bad. She found her fist and sucked it all the way home! I'm giving her a nice long breast feed followed by a walk in the sunshine before the rain starts again
  • glad it went ok, i forgot 2 mention that i put lo 2 the breast while nurse did the deed! maybe that took the edge off a little. i forgot about rain!! its gonna pour all wkend apparantly!!! mi dads house got evacuated,glad i live at top of a hill!!
  • Can't even imagine what's it's like to be evacuated from your home! Feel so sorry for everyone effected by the floods, hope your Dad's ok. X
  • At what age is your little one given their first injections?
  • 8 weeks, and then at 12 weeks.