Forum home Babies Baby

You know the ring on the thread test?

Replies

• Obviously woomummy. image I still believe in it, but I'm due 3 more pregnancies, and OH doesn't want anymore kids. Think the cosmos offer to have a word with him! xx
  • Ok, finally got around to trying it! Very interesting....

I got....

Girl
    Girl
    Boy
    Girl
    Boy

We had 3 mc's first, which we believe were girl, girl, boy. Then we had Lyvi (obviously a girl!) and we want one more baby - so looks like we're having a boy! Will be fun to see if it's right...

Love NN xxx
  • I love things like this! I just did it and I got girl, boy, girl, boy - we already have a girl so looks like we are going to be busy! I did 3 times too and got the same outcome - and the ring really moves doesn't it?! Love it! x
  • Right, so just tried your version mithical and got boy, girl, boy and then a very faint boy (I think) right at the end but it was much less definite than the others, so I don't know what that means! It would be nice if it does turn out to be accurate. I want three children and would love to have both boys and girls. We'll see what happens!
  • I tried this last night and got boy, boy, girl, girl, girl, girl! My hubby was convinced I was shaking slightly (and thought I was daft anyway!) so I wanted to try again but didn't know how the ring would know I wanted to start from the beginning!! That sounds crazy even writing that!

I'm still going to try again tonight though!!!! x
  • I just did it again - same result FREAKY!!!!
  • That's why I believe it...it's the same every time! :lol: xx
  • Sorry for sounding stupid but I am confuddled on how this works? If I hold the ring above my hand how do i know its predicting the next pregnancy if that makes sense? and how would you know if they are all 'live' pregnancies?
  • If you hold it above your hand, then stop it or take it away for a second. That splits up the results. But you can't tell live births from anything else unfortunately. Only if you've already experienced miscarriage for example. HTH. xx
  • wow so interesting....
    im gonna try it tomorrow wen hubby has gone to work so he dont think im bonkers lol.
    mithical.... how does it determine when you start again? once its has stopped you can try again?
    xxx
  • Hi Sweet, it will just keep swinging once it's started. You have to stop it/move it away, to reset for the next result. When it's done, it should just stay still, and not sway. xx
  • I tried this twice and got the same result.
    Boy (mc @ 17)
    Girl (my 9yr old dd)
    Girl (mc)
    Boy (my 7yr old ds)
    Boy (mc)
    Boy (my 2yr old ds)
    Girl (my 10 week old dd)
    and finally
    Girl
    Not sure where the last one is supposed to come from as i'm back on the pill and DH is getting the snip next month.
    What's more spooky is when I was little I always said I wanted 8 kids (mad I know, but I was only about 5) and if the ring is right and I have another baby (really big if) then i'd have been pg 8 times.
  • tried this three times and got the same result
    b-mc (always thought it was a boy)
    b-mc
    g-pippa
    and then it stopped, so according to this the pickle will be an only child
    xx
  • Well it looks like it's convincing a lot of you! :lol: xx
  • oh boo - I did this last night using hubbys gold wedding band and it didn't move at all - it just kept spinning on the thread like it was unravelling.
    Not sure whether to be worried or not now to be honest being as i'm 26wks pregnant! (gulp)

Luckily i'm not a supersticious person but would have loved to have known what the prediction was for our yellow bump

PP84 x
  • MrsPP4 I think it knows you're on team yellow and is not going to spoil the suprise for you. haha, looks like it's guna keep you waiting till the birth to find out image
  • LOL you're right Linzi - it seems the world is against me knowing!! I'd love to know but hubby wanted the surprise! oh well - 13 and a bit more weeks to go image)))
  • Mrs PP84, this is a complete shot in the dark...but maybe because it was a man's ring?? I really don't know if it makes a difference.

Cutie, where do the 2 Boy's come into it at the beginning? If you don't mind me asking that is. xx
  • Mrs PP84 are you doing it over your left hand because i heard the right hand doesnt make it move xx
  • i just tried this:

- boy - mc when v young
    - boy - mc a few years ago
    - girl - I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and team yellow but me and hubby are convinced its a girl
    - girl

will have to wait and see..... xx