Forum home Babies Baby

TTC :-)

My hubby to be has agreed to start ttc from now! After about 5 months of his deliberation and me biting my tongue not to nag him he said we could start trying now! woo! wedding due to be next june but will prob move it to late winter early spring if we are lucky enough to fall quickly. *fingers crossed* And we are moving back down to a two bed from three!

My cycles have been 40-45 days which is pants so dont know when im due to OV on CD 9 now.

Any tips from those who have ttc successfully? (Im not entering ttc yet...dotn want to jinx it!) image

Replies

• Just be completely relaxed about it hun and try and have sex every other day. Apparently this is optimum for sperm!
    I also had a tip from my mum - after the 'deed', lay on the bed with your legs in the air but against a wall for about 20 mins. This helps them to swim in the right direction!
    It worked for me cos I caught in the first month of trying!
    Good luck!

xx
  • ov sticks may be worth a try hun. Good luck & Enjoy!! ;\) xx
  • oooh just cheapie ebay ones elaine?
    thanks marathon bar... i do want to stay as relaxed as poss... i dunno if OH would be freaked by me with legs in the air like thast lol!
  • yes cheepies worked for me in the past. (Although I used them to avoid OV day! LOL)

How long did it take for you to concieve Jake?

xx
  • hey thats fantastic n news for you image
    Im the opposite, I've told the oh to wait until the new yr. Saying that, i log the dates of af in my head and its a rough guide. If nothing by 1st then Im technically late - im in 2 minds.

Anyway back to you. Stay relax, if you dont get a bfp the first month, dont get yourself all worked up. Maybe you should just have sex (tmi) on your back, legs up with oh on top. Then he wont know any difference! We went for the if it happens it happens attitude to stay relaxed.

In regards to sex everyn toehr day. Not sure the truth in this. Sry for tmi, We were away and I guess had sex about at least 1 a day and concieved in teh first month.

I say relax and enjoy yourself image
  • yes cheepies worked for me in the past. (Although I used them to avoid OV day! LOL)

How long did it take for you to concieve Jake?

xx

Cool ill get some tomorrow.... im loving pay day this month cos we are moving into a rent free place for a few months so that frees up about ??500 per month! woo!

Erm to conceive jake...one day... we werent trying. Had only been together 6 months, both eighteen. Rubbishy condoms, moring after pill...the moring after and nine months and three days later out popped jake... image

But I have only had three AFs in eleven months and the cycles have been 40-45 days... I really want to fall quickly cos then my plans would work re the wedding, being due in summer holidays for college etc...

not asking too much im sure! nice age gap too 21 months.

So next question c section or vbac?! lol!
  • thanks joey...we do that anyways... he he!

aww bet your lo would make a great big sis! xxx
  • http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

apparently most women ov about 14 days before AF but of course it still varies!
    Good Luck!
  • i used ov' sticks too on both my pregnancies and they worked both times,i used to tst twice aday just to make sure i didnt miss the surge,i always used to tuck my knees up to my chest and imagine those little swimmers meeting the egg and doing what they should,again worked both times,second time worked even better as i had twins :lol:

sarah
  • oooooh how exciting!
    I dont really have any tips, I've always fallen pregnant still using contraception!
    xxx
  • lol carly! I feel sort of guilty though cos my sil went ahead with the termination yesterday so it feels a little bit wrong to be ttc now? i dunno, prob just me being a donut.
  • No hun it was totally her choice..and I think it was the right thing for her to do. She was the 15/16 year old you posted about wasnt it?
    I'm very, very anti abortion (except in exceptional circumstances) because two of my children have been concived at "not the right time" and I've gone ahead with both pregnancies and love them more than anything but I understand that not everyone could go ahead with it.
    xxx
  • Just turned 15 last week. i cant believe what she had to go through to get a termination though. because we live in a rural are she had to go to two different clinics, 1 was 25 miles away, and was then reffered to birmingham 40 miles away and had to stay there all day. seems like a hell of a lot of added stress.

I think unplanned babies are a very happy surprise, in most cases, less stressful plannign round, weddings, time of year, house move etc...when you are already preg you just deal with it!
  • Exactly, no choice but to get on with it!
    Poor little thing..is she ok?
    xxx
  • Of course every day works too but for optimum sperm production that is rich for its purpose, scientific evidence has shown that every other day is the prime frequency! (and around ovualation but if you don't know when that is and to save money on sticks, just every other day the whole month!).
    If you do it every day the sperm is slightly weaker as not as much is produced. Apparently.
    But as we all know it only takes ONE sperm in ONE month out of billions!!! So just go for it and legs in the air!
    lol at your oh's face if you do that!
    i agree with the legs in the air while at it option!
    lol

xxx
  • good luck hun. we are joining you too after 2 months of oh well if it happens it happens and after both being very disappointed at af arriving friday we are ttc officially too. I am on cd4 now but only have 24 day cycles.

Good luck to you xxx
  • yay hopefully we will be over the pregnancy together. we are the same. I have duped him into, no need for condoms for the past couple of months cos its unlikely, wouldnt be the end of the world etc but now I have put my foot down, bribed him with a new motorbike and a dishwasher so i dont get grumpy at him for how much washing up i do and he doesnt!

Carly, I dont know chick. Havnt spoken to her, and I dunno if its something that we should just forget about now unless she brings it up, wants to talk.

Marathon bar, every other day are you kidding! where do you find time?! ha ha no its all good, i explained about the whole ovulation thing to him... he was convinced your fertile time was the week after af...

• It ate my reply earlier...you might want to use the ovulation calender on the link below.http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/ovu/
    They say you should also being having sex 3-5days before your ovulation due date in case your cycle is different and several days after.

Marathon bar, every other day are you kidding! where do you find time?!

Unfortuantely, you cant expect to fall pregnant over a couple of sex sessions a month! If you want to fall pregnant within the next 2 months you need to get busy miss!! lol! Thats what they evenings are for...or w/e lie ins!!! :P
  • Lie ins, Joey your joking right, we are moving house, planning a wedding... jakes first, birthday, xmas...whose stupid idea was this anyway...aha mine...

thanks for the link hun ill have a look now...

• The only lie ins I get is occassionally on a sat morning or if the oh is wanting sex!
    With lots going on I suggest you just relax and enjopy yourselfs and go with teh thoguths. It if happens it happens. That way you wont have any extra stress on top of that which you may get with the events ahead of you.