Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby changing rooms

2»

Replies

• Options
    Im glad im not the only one that is disgusted by the state of some baby changing rooms. If you cant clean them, dont bother having them.

The worst one for me has been Asdas in watford.

The cleanest is my towns public toilets!!! Its got a seperate room that fits the buggy in, has a toilet and doesnt stink!

What worries me though is a report on the news a few months back about tests done on baby changing mats in public places and finding traces of drugs on most of them.

Firstly im petrified of my 5 month old putting his hands or head anywhere near and secondly why on earth would you do/snort drugs where you change a babies smelly nappy?
    I put a mat down on all of them now.

• Options
    Blimey never heard about that. What a weird place to do drugs, i will be extra carefull now, i don't really like using changing rooms but my lo seems to have a thing about pooing as soon as we get to a supermarket, i am not a completely unprepared person and do always carry a change bag in the car but as Asda's were so nice i left the bag in the car at tesco (will not be doing it again).
    Suprisingly the nicest toilets in my town are in the town park.
  • Options
    i went to the tecos and i was sooo pleased with the room it was so clean, full of nappies in every size planty of babys wipes, the room was huge and has mirrios so baby could see her self why getting changed, asda are shit lol x
  • Options
    Must be down to the area rather than the store by the sound of it.
  • Options
    HI Im from Crewe also and I totally agree with you about Asda and Mothercare.....YUK!!

Thanks for the tip about costa coffee next time im in town i know where I will be heading.

Sara X
  • Options
    I've never even thought of expecting stores to provide wipes and nappies. I imagine if they put them out, someone would just steal the lot. The change rooms at Bluewater shopping centre are hit and miss. Sometimes you get a clean one. Sometimes they're kind of gross and stinky with overflowing bins. John Lewis has a great baby care room. Also, the big baby care room at Lakeside shopping centre is great. So are the small ones downstairs near the toilets, and the one in Boots. I've had bad luck at a couple of Mothercare's. They just stink and you can tell the bins get emptied infrequently. The Asda near me is ok. The change table is in with the disable toilet, so I kind of feel guilty going in there but have no choice. I like that there is a toilet I can use if I need to.
  • Options
    I've been in 3 different tesco ones & they have all been disgusting. I wouldnt even want to take my dog into them never mind change my baby in them. I dont mind if there is nappies or wipes in them coz I always bring my own anyway. My mum & sister have been to a couple of tescos where they live & they said they are the same.

The best I've seen so far are the changing room in debenhams. Its always clean & smells nice too & there is plenty of room for a double buggy though I dont think they provide nappies or wipes.

Any mothercare ones I've been to have been clean but have always been very small & pokey & soo hot in them too.
  • Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat Guidelines.