Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Rusk

Replies

• Options
    very well said and you can hardly compare weaning early with smoking when pregnant or putting you lo in a car with no car seat!
  • Options
    how do you know if your lo wont be mentally scarred by being starved! i personally coulnt sit around all day feeding every 20 mins! esp if i had other children! what a life for you both that is! i bet in caveman age babies ate lions and all sorts! im being silly now because i find the whole thing ridiculous so im going to hoover up xx
  • Options
    Sorry to intrude but the 'weaning police' comment has got me chuckling - wait til I tell my mate that one!

Denise xxx

[Modified by: DeniseJones33 on August 10, 2007 12:18 PM]
  • Options
    Can't believe i've done this but youcanrun is really getting on my nerves! causing alot of ill feeling so i'm just going to post this & hopefully she'll be quiet & not the weaning police anymore!!

The cause of IBS is not known. Research into IBS has suggested that the factors that might make the gut more sensitive include food allergy, inflammation, stress and a chemical transmitter called serotonin.

Although the exact cause of IBS is not known, it is often associated with emotional tension. The symptoms of IBS often start during times of emotional stress, and get worse when a person is in a stressful situation

This is off nhs direct! & even when you look at who website they say there is no exact cause so pleeeassssssssseeeeeee just let mums do what they think is best & stop causing such a bad feeling on which is normally a lovely support group youcanrun!
  • Options
    hello ladies,
    just seen youcanrun's response. this subjects really got your goat hasnt it lol. are you implying that you are right and all these ladies are in the wrong? how many kids do you have? i have three and i can tell you this, every baby is different, if they were all the same we could just buy a book when they were born and there would be no need for sites like this. i personally do not think there is anything wrong at all with weaning a 12 week old baby if they are ready for it. take my son for example (2nd child) he was a very hungry baby since birth. he would drink a full bottle and still be hungry and unsatisfied, he was soo much happier once he had a bit of baby rice in his belly and to be honest if i had waited until he was 6 months i think he would have crawled to the fridge and helped himself lol.
    As for the ibs, what a load of twoddle. both my eldest were weaned before the guidelines and are perfectly happy and healthy with no stomach problems as am i and my brother in fact my whole family all of whom were weaned before 6 months. imo mummy knows best because she knows her baby best.
    why are you trying to get peoples backs up? i feel as though you are suggesting we are all bad people for not waiting until 6 months to wean our lo's. everyone is entitled to their own opinion but dont try and force yours on other people or try and have a go because people dont agree with you.
    by the way, weaning police... absolutley hilarious, good one hayley l
    Toni xx
  • Options
    imo, you can follow guidelines if you want, if not, then be prepared to live with any consquences/ if there are any. For example i did drink some alcohol when preggers !!! shock horror. what are the guidelines on this eh??? keep changing day by f' ing day! x

[Modified by: CathyG on August 10, 2007 03:07 PM]
  • Options
    I think that is the problem its the way youcanrun has said what she has said that has got peoples backs up mine included.We all know that everyone has different opinions & thats part of the reason we come on her to get different suggestions,opinions & advice I have read a couple of her responses to other threads & one of them was just nasty i just think she needs to be careful about how she words things & just try to be abit nicer!
  • Options
    so glad i made you all laugh with my weaning police comment guessing the sales in tena lady have increased lol!

as my mw always used to say to me when i had my first you can read the book but you baby never has. think that says it all.
  • Options
    pmsl i have written a reply on the other thread. its great that you ignore certain things like, i've not actually told anyone WHAT to do just posted what WHO recommend to the medical profession and im the weaning police?!? that doesn't even make sense. Surely if i was the weaning police i would say "'ello 'ello 'ello whats going on here then? you should all be locked up" I HAVEN'T SAID anything of the sort and i dont actually think that.
  • Options
    bloody ell i can feel the tention on this thread!!

before u all piss ur selves laughing, remember to do ur pelvic floor exersises! lol ( mi bargin pf exerciser is goin ok so far)lol

i weand my 1st ( 15 yr ago) at 3m and my 2nd(10yr ago) at 3m, i weaned my lo a couple of wk before the 6m mark.
    i left lo this long simply coz he didnt seem 2 need anything other than bm, but i knew when he was getting hungry and bm alone wasnt satisfying him. if this woul have happened at say 4m i wld have weaned then,i think most mums are pretty tuned into their babys and know when the time is right for their los, and im sure mums weaning earlier than 6m arnt giving 3 huge meals a day, just a little rice or fruit to top up the milk.
    so i say if u think lo is ready for a little food go ahead and if ur worried c hv image
    i wouldnt recomend rusk in a bottle though as i think cloclo said about chocking and also sweet stuff through a teat aint good so would try a spoon. xx

hope everyone is ok tonight and wearing their tenna lady incase of any more weaning police giggles. xx
  • Options
    how do you know if your lo wont be mentally scarred by being starved! i personally coulnt sit around all day feeding every 20 mins! esp if i had other children! what a life for you both that is! i bet in caveman age babies ate lions and all sorts! im being silly now because i find the whole thing ridiculous so im going to hoover up xx Cause he's not starved. He was very satisfied with milk. So you couldn't but i could is that so bad? I didn't mind it i got extended cuddle time until he was full.
  • Options
    babies cry because they cant talk.if they poo&its uncomfy-they cry.if they are tired&cant get to sleep-they cry.if they are hungry-they cry.surely therefore if you have fed baby & he/she is crying they are still hungry but you cant possibly give a 12oz bottle so a little baby rice has gota be the way to go??im no expert-nor would i ever claim to be-but there are a hell of a lot of babies out there who have been weaned slightly early&wont suffer because of it.take your babies lead&try to enjoy a new bit of motherhood WHENEVER you do it!!happy weaning all x x
  • Options
    my son gets plenty of cuddles that doesnt mean to say i would sit and keep giving him milk every 20 mins i know i wouldnt like to drink milk every 20 mins until he was full then be hungry 20 mins later! but yes you right its your choice and it obviously worked for you but i cant stand to hear my son cry the way he does with hunger it really upsets me. plus it would be impossible with going back to work. he never would take 12oz in a million years but you did whats best for your lo same as i did for mine i dont think anyone is wrong to be honest we just do whats best for us and lo i think and thats the way it should be i just want lo to be a happy baby and learn new things and tbh when he was crying with hunger he wasnt doing much else! also i hate the thought of my son learning that he has to continuosly cry when hungry for food, thats my personal choice, so yes happy weaning whenever it might be!!!!! xxxx

[Modified by: hayleys1 on August 12, 2007 07:26 PM]
  • Options
    made me laught on a monday night!!!
  • Options
    My baby turned 12 weeks on monday and she is a really sicky baby, every time she has her feed i end up having to change her clothes because she always has lots of sick up afterwards. i tried her on the baby rice in the morning and night but it seemed to be upsetting her tummy and keeping her awake.. Today i crushed up some rusk and put some of her milk in with it and she loved it. hopefully when i give her some before she goes to bed she will sleep better so we're both happy then image lol x
  • Options
    Medical advice changes when technology develops ansd we learn more. We don't learn less, do we?!

My nan used to feed everyone rusks from really early and most have problems with wheat.
  • Options
    sooo many replies and havent read them all- just wanted to rave about Hipp goodnight milk fab stuff dd loves it x
  • Options
    Without getting involved in a volatile thread can I just point out that a reduced sugar farley'a rusk has the same amount of sugar as a dark chocolate digestive- I've always been shocked that that can be marketed as a low sugar baby food x
  • Options
    This is a realllly old thread!! Probably why it has so many replies...lol!! :lol:
  • Options
    How did such an old post came back up?

Reneeisgrowingabump: I like your "we never learn less" comment. I shall use this again when someone tells me that advice changes all the time!image