Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Finger Foods

HI all was wondering if anyone has any advice for me my lo is 8 months next week, he is a good little eater but won't entertain lumps in food , i want to give him some finger foods but don't know what to give him he has had baby biscuits but he puts too much in his mouth and then nearly chokes, gave him toast for breakfast today but broke it up into tiny pieces for him because he shoves that in his mouth too, any advice much appreciated thanks ladies.(oh he doesn't have any teeth yet either)

Replies

• Have you tried the Asda 'great stuff' carrot flavour crisps, they look like giant wotsits and my lo loves them. They dissolve nicely so you shouldn't have to worry about choking. I think they are organic as well. amy x
  • i think the thing is to keep trying things with him, carrots, breadsticks, strawberries, cheese biscuits, chips, toast with spread/jam on it, your lo will choke until he gets used to it, as long as you don't leave him whilst eating you should be fine xxxx