Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Squaking Grumpy Baby

Any advice welcome please - I am at the end of my tether!

My little boy Daniel is 18 weeks old and over the past few days has started making loud squaking noises - I am presuming that he has just found his voice and is now making as much noise as possible. I am fine with this but he has also started crying more or less constantly all day to go along with the squaking - this has been going on for about 4 days now. He has been putting his fists in his mouth for a few weeks now so think his teeth my be troubling him but the crying is definiately a new thing. He is still settling well at night and sleeping through and I feel so guilty but I just can't wait for bedtime at the moment to get some peace.

Any ideas?

Claire x

Replies

• Aw hun, you must be feeling awful after 4 days of constant crying. Are his teeth almost through? This could be giving him pain which makes him cry so maybe try some teething powders/gels.

Are you sure he's not ill? Lily was crying pretty much all the time over about 3 days last week because she'd caught a bug. She still slept at night but was sooo miserable in the day I was nearly crying along with her.

Sorry it's not much advice, you'll have thought of all this anyway but it was all I could suggest and didn't want to read and run.

xxx
  • Thanks Lea. No sign of his teeth as yet but they could be stirring under the surface. I tried some teething gel today and that worked for a little while but I think it might just have been a nice taste for him!

Will see how he goes tomorrow and if no better I will make an appt at the docs to get him checked over.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be a better day!