Forum home› Babies› Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Earthquake!?!!

Anyone else feel it?! It woke me n hubby up just after 1am, it's been a while since the bed shook that much! image

Replies

• omg the epicentre was right near where we live...scary
  • I felt it the bed shook and the coathangers in my wardrobe clattered. I laid in bed thinking it was a poltergiest!!!!!
  • I didnt feel it image Where was it?
  • most of the country felt it apparently, even down in london!
  • Sammy, epicentre was in lincolnshire. I did think of you holly, as remembered you lived there - was it really bad there? We had quite a rumbling going on here! Hubby rang a few friends in local area to see if they'd felt it - he thought it could've been a coal mine collapsing (think too much red wine was consumed by him last night!). I laid in bed saying what the hell was that and he starts splurting out earthquake facts and sprinting downstairs to look on the news and net!!! Hence my post at an ungodly hour i've not seen for a while! Did wonder whether this would bring on any labours for the Feb/March ladies? My friend's 37+2 and she just texted me saying she thought she felt something but put it down to lack of sleep and over imagination! No early bub for her!
  • Hubby told me this morning that he'd woken up and felt the bed and windows shaking but thought he must be going mad cause I didn't wake up. He was pleased to see on the news that he wasn't imagining things!!

I did get up to go to the loo a bit after 1 so it probably did partly wake me.

I guess I better go check the house is all ok later.

As for early babies.,, my mate is around 5 months pregnant and was having contractions apparently but they are dying down which is good
  • I feel like ive missed out now lol
  • Me and OH felt it here in Chester too! We thought it ws just the wind and laughed it off saying 'maybe it was an earthquake...yeh right!' then woke up to see it on the news! I
    Weird!!
  • OMG hope everyone was ok. I didnt feel a thing but then I'm over in N.Ireland though I was soo tired last night I'd probably have slept through it anyway!!!

Hilary x
  • i woke up to the room shaking (i live in staffordshire) and tried to wake hubby but he wouldnt wake i thought i was dreaming so checked on lo and went back to sleep thinking it was a dream until i was reminded when the news come on!!! evryone i have spoken to this morning didnt know we had one!!!!!! xxx
  • I'm in Worcestershire and felt it too, woke up to the bed vibrating!!! Last time we had an earthquake with epicentre in dudley (about 20 miles away) we lived in a flat on the 6th floor, the building swayed, things fell off and the fire brigade evacuated our block, except us as i couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to open the door!!

• i didnt feel it but my lo woke up crying around that time and i couldnt settle him!!
  • We felt it. It felt like a cat was on the bed scratching. It was scary couldn't get back to sleep after that.
  • i cant believe i missed it, i always miss the excitement lol im down in cornwall though x
  • hi. i am in horncastle near to market rasen. it was bad here. me and my hubby woke to a really loud noise like nothing i have heard before, it lasted for about 10 secs easily. 3 of my kids slept through it but it woke 2 of them up.
    i hope that i don't experiance anything like it again, it was petrifying. the whole house was moving.
    it makes me wonder whats going on you know, as we had severe flooding last june and again recently then this earth quake. it worries me.
    xxxx
  • i felt it and it woke hubby but lo slept through it
  • i was just dropping off to sleep and oh was still awake. he was telling me there was an earthquake and i said that he was lying and to stop shaking the bed then lo's door started shaking (it slides) and i got scared saying theres someone here! i then realised about 2secs later!!! oh was in stitches laughing at me.