Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

early labour??share your labour stories :-)

Hi all iv not posted on baby much during this pregnancy as im always on pregnancy forum lately!well im 37 1/2 weeks and had a cervical suture removed 2 weeks ago.I have 2 little girls and didnt have any early labour signs really with them just went into labour and happened really fast too!was 5 days overdue with my 1st and almost 2 weeks early with 2nd.with this little man iv had awful back ache for the last few days and really thought it may have been the start of things this mrnin! i woke with horrendous back pain and period pain,could harldy walk and hubby had to take the kids to nursery whilst i had a hot bath.I then went back to bed for an hour and got up still in pain but then it all wore off at around lunch time!! i have a dull ache now in my back but not sure whats goin on?!! anyone any ideas or had anything similar with your labours?? xxx

Replies

• Hiya hun.
    I had Lily at 37 weeks. I was booked in for an induction at 38 weeks but when I was 36+5 I really felt like something was going to happen. I had back ache, strong BH, the runs and just felt restless and hot and not quite right. So I rang my mw and she suggested a sweep the following morning to see if we could get things started and it worked! I had Lily the following day at bang on 37 weeks.
    xxx
  • Hi

I hope its happening for you! Both my labours started the same way but getting in the bath slowed everything down - if you want it to speed up ignore the advice and stay out of the bath!

Good luck x
  • ooh sounding promising hun! im booked in for induction next monday but doubt my mw would offer a sweep! xx
  • oh i didnt now that about bath slowing down?maybe thats y it all stopped?may try sex tonight see if that does nethin lol xxx
  • I went into labour at 36+6 (after having a cervical erosion at 34wks after sex) well we'd had sex on the Saturday afternoon and almost immediatley after I started with period pains and lower backache. I didn't think they were contractions because I could easily cope with the pain. As the evening went on the pain became worse and I was constantly on the toilet, but come 9pm everything stopped alltogether.
    On the Sunday afternoon I started with mild contractions, backache and couldn't get off the loo but by 7pm everything had stopped again.
    At 12midnight everything started again, and Lo was born at 37wks exactly!

Definatley try sex!

Good luck xx

[Modified by: percypig on August 17, 2009 08:24 PM]

• thanx for sharing percy pig,thats how iv been for the last few days and also had the dodgy tum! havent had sex for a couple of days but the last souple of times we did i had to take pain killers after cuz had same symptoms as you described so will try tonight and see if it gets things moving! xx