Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone had a coil for contraception

Iv just had a coil put in today and hope iv done the right thing.

Im rubbish at remembering the pill, cant have the Depo injection or implant because im high risk of getting osteoporosis (brittle bones), find condoms useless and dont fancy the idea of never having sex again. So, the doctor said the coil was the best option and i didnt really want to get this done but feel I have no option.

Im a little sore down there and my insides feel a bit bruised and have had a little bleeding. I think this is normal but any comments on other experiences of the coil would be appreciated.

Replies

• ok all the things you have experienced are normal.

i had mine in and wont get it back in ever again as just two years and six months after it was put in i conceived my son. it only gave me a period every 3 months so once this time had come and gone i done a test just to ease my mind that it was the coil messing with my cycle again but it wasnt i was pregnant and 11+3 weeks gone.
  • ok all the things you have experienced are normal.

i had mine in and wont get it back in ever again as just two years and six months after it was put in i conceived my son. it only gave me a period every 3 months so once this time had come and gone i done a test just to ease my mind that it was the coil messing with my cycle again but it wasnt i was pregnant and 11+3 weeks gone.