Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tommee Tippee microwave steam steriliser

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this forum after having my baby on 21st December. I am hoping to try to express some breast milk but don't seem to be able to find the instructions for the steriliser. If any of you have the Tommee Tippee Microwave and Cold Water Steriliser could you please let me know how much water to put in it and how long to microwave it for. Also, how long do things stay sterile for after you have done it?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah and Oliver 19 days old.x

Replies

• Options
    I have this one and usually use it a a cold water steriliser but i think you put 150ml water in and then the microwave times vary depending on you oven but can be found on the edge of the lid.

It takes a while for the bottles etc to cool after being in the steamer so i would do it half an hour before you need it and then i think it's sterile for 1hr after you open the lid.

HTH
  • Options
    We have that one and you need to put 200 ml of water in.
  • Options
    I use this as both!
    You put 180 ml of water and it depends on your microwave in my it takes 8 mins plus 3 mins to stand.. If you dont open the lid have read things stay sterile for 3 hours.
    If use cold water fill to line and follow instructions on milton bottle. This takes 15 mins but you can leave for 24 hours i think and then change water
    xx
  • Options
    We have this one at my mum's it is 200ml of water and 8 minutes in the microwave. HTH
  • Options
    there is a line/ridge in the bottom of it for water level, that way u don't have to worry measuring. depends what wattage microwave u have -

1100+ is 4 mins
    800-1100 is 6 mins
    below 800 is 8 mins

hth xx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I never thought of looking on the side of the container!
    Will give it a go and see how we get on.

Sarah
  • Options
    I thought u had to put sterolising powder in there to make it clean lol didn't know it was just water image x