Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Good size change bags?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a change bag that is a good size? I have a 12 month old and am expecting baby number two in June so I figure I will need a bigger change bag, plus we live abroad and fly back to the UK with Ryanair and it is a total pain having my hand luggage allowance being taken up with my change bag. Are there any good size ones out there that would mean I could get the normal baby stuff in plus some other stuff?

Liz

Replies

• I have just bought a new one from mothercare it was about ??35 and I think its great, there are loads of pockets and 2 insulated bits 1 for a bottle and one for a sippy cup. Its nice and big inside and comes with a fold away change mat.

In regards with flying, I never take a change bag with me and carry a rucksack on that has pockets at the front, enough for Hollys juice, snacks nappys and wipes, that lasts me till I get to the other side. Then when Im home I have a large back I use as a change bag or you could join the bots club again and get the free huggys change bag so you would have one in each place. It means I can take much more luggage which means more room to bring stuff back to Ireland xxx
  • I do the same as Holly's mummy when flying, I have a big bag that I bought for handluggage and I just put a fold up changing mat in there with the other stuff we need.

At home I use a big Storksac leather changing bag, it easily fits enough stuff in it for my two for a full day, I am bfing though so I don't need any bottles in there. It's a lovely bag but they are expensive, my mum bought me mine for my 30th
    xx
  • Thanks ladies, I guess it does make more sense to use something else for handluggage as Ryanair as so stingy on what you can bring in your normal case. Plus I can never get over the fact that children under 2 don't get any weight allowance luggage wise!
    Think I will maybe invest in a little trolley style bag that will be ok for hand luggage when travelling and then get a slightly bigger change bag for everyday.
    As you say Hollysmummy I can always see if I can get another freebie one that I can leave at my mums house for when I am over! x
  • That's the one i have been looking at for a while Saint Bertie. I'm using the free pampers one at the moment and although the main pocket is large enough i find there arn't enough places for my bits and pieces. Everything seems to end up in the main pocket and then i'm rooting around for ages trying to find anything!

Think i might have to treat myself.
  • Hi LizB,
    I have had my Dwell bag for a year now and love it. I could easily get enough in there for 2 children and it still looks as new. It clips onto prams really easily and has lots of compartments. Comes in lots of colourways and is in the sale at the moment.

http://www.lulasapphire.com/Products/DwellStudio/Gio-Aqua-Changing-Bag-by-DwellStudio.aspx

• Lol, i showed it to my husband yesterday in mothercare and was trying to sell it to him by going, 'look there's another pocket......and another one'
  • Thank you! I will check those links out, both sound fab! x
  • hi, i use the mamas and papas ziko range- they come in different colours- i bought the hot and bothered one....jus because i had to have one to match the pushchair, lol!! but i love it. xxx
  • Hi,
    I am also on the hunt for a decent changebag image
    I want something stylish, with lots of pockets & affordable.
    The mothercare ones nice, but i want something funkier x
  • When I was pregnant with my first born I bought a Storksak Elizabeth which seems to be pretty good for getting around, to be honest there where not many bags to chose from. This changing bag did the job however I found it quite difficult to travel with as I couldn't get much into it. I'm expecting again and have been searching for a changing bag and I must say there is more to choose from. I've come accross changing bags from Baby-Beau, I love the Belle Hobo and it seems quite spacious too. http://baby-beau.co.uk/belle.html

• Pacapod. My son is 30 months now so I don't really take a changing bag out with me, but I used it until he was 2 and never failed to get everything in! We still use the pods too!

x

• I think the pacapod system is very practical as it is an investment for 4 years atleast. However, I can so relate to JudithCharmers, it comes to a stage when you do not want to be carrying a changing bag. I bought the Belle Hobo and i'm very pleased with it and the best part is, I can use it as a regular handbag and the leather quality is great! So i'm very happy with my purchase. 

• Hi mummyliz just noticed that the Belle hobo I was referring to in my last post can be won in a competition on facebook. They are also offerring 20% off all changing bags you may find something suitable - www.baby-beau.co.uk

• I think I'm going to treat myself to the sugarjack Hannah bag. Working on the theory I will get years of use out of it. Also liked the sides of the removable compartments meaning I can simply lift those out and stick them into a freebie plain changing bag when my hubby takes baby out. I love the fact it doesn't look like a changing bag and I wanted something different.

Expensive, but it's my birthday t the end of the week and my hubby has told everyone thats asked I would like gift vouchers for our local shopping centre so I'm hoping that will go some way towards covering the cost.
  • check out www.pitterpac.com

there bags are leather, stylish AND large enough for all toddler and new born must haves. my fav's the whitehall

• The baby babybeau bag is a good size, I got it for my lil sister when she was expecting. She loves it and uses it as a regular handbag besides using it as a baby bag. 

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/69066.jpg

• I was actually about to post this same question! Wow this is more than enough help! I knew that I could count on you girls image

-------------------------------

Julie

http://toptenreview.hubpages.com/hub/10-Best-Baby-Travel-Systems-Review