Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Buggy (carryscot/pram) advice

Hello Ladies

OH and i have finally chosen our buggy and we have saved the money and i think i am far along enough now to maybe get it...

But we have a carrycot option to turn it into a pram which i love but for all the extra money do u think it's worth it??? I keep thinking if bubs only get's to use it a few times that's ??????70 i could of put towards xmas and were getting the car seat anyway so i can put the car seat on and bubs will be snug and sleeping fine.

??????70 to carrycot or not to carrycot :lol: ????????

here it is with....
http://www.boots.com/en/My-Child-Orbital-Travel-System_1039113/?exploreAttributes=-_--_--_--_-Mother & Baby > Pushchairs > Travel Systems-_--_-List-_--_--_--_-Supermenu-_-

and just an example with out....
http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/19/9766/my-child-orbital-4-travel-system/

I don't know now :\? :\? :\?

gembags 29+4 xx

Replies

• i think i would prefer to have the option especially as you're due in winter as the carrycot will give bubs alot more protection from nasty winds etc. also you might end up using it more than you think, it will all depend on how quickly you LO grows, i've just had my DD out in the carrycot bit of my travel system as she was tired...she's 9 months next week! so it's not necessarily going to be a waste of money.

there isn't really a right or wrong answer, just be aware if you take bubs out in car seat they should come out of it for at least 30 mins every 2 hours so that can really prolong a day if you do that.

good luck hun xxx
  • Thank you Jemmykins That's my problem there is no right answer :lol:

I didn't know you couldn't leave LO in a car seat for more than 2 hours image I had a buggy&car seat with my 1st and i used to leave him in the car seat all day if we were out and i even left him to sleep in it at times image hhhuuummmm..... Got me thinking again lol xx
  • it think it's just one of those things that the advice changes all the time on hun! but if i were you i'd see if you can see the buggy in person and have a look at how long the carrycot is, some are quite tiny but some are quite long and wide so if it's a bigger one you'd probably get more use for your money xxx
  • id spend that little bit extra for 2 reasons, 1 so you can see your beautiful new born baby all nice and cosy in the carrycot and 2 it may hopefully stop the need to use the car seat on the pram!

• Both my boys have ended up sleeping all night in their carry cot as neither of them would settle in their moses basket. DS1 was in his until about 6 months, and it was invaluable. DS2 is sound asleep in it as I type!
  • get the carrycot. it can be dangerous to leave the baby in the carseat for too long. according to research it can causue breathing difficulties and back problems. they were never designed to be used instead of a carrycot at all.
  • I have stopped using my carrycot at 4 months but my little lady is extremely long. However, even if just for 4 months I would definitely recommend anyone to get a carrycot. As someone else says, it gives a lot of security from the elements and you also know that little one is comfy and cosy. Having a carrycot means not having to rush home to lay little one down for naps. I took my dd out once in the pushchair part to try it out and I spent the whole time worrying she wasn't comfy enough, and she didn't sleep anywhere near as well as in the carrycot. It also means having an extra option at home (I used mine for night-time sleeping and naps until 3 months old with a different mattress, instead of buying a moses or crib).
    If I ever have another bubba, I wouldn't doubt on having a carrycot unit.
    xxx
  • Havent got time to read all the replies as the little man is due a bottle but Im so so so pleased that we got him a carry cot. I was in two minds like you but we have had so much use out of it. We stopped using it last week, he was 16 weeks ,as he started to get nosey but he went everywhere in it before & even stayed over in it at my mums house xxx
  • I would def recommend the carrycot. Toby is a very big baby but we still happily used ours till 6 months. Great for a winter baby and can double as a travel cot if you get one that is suitable for overnight sleeping.
  • I agree, I would recommend the carrycat. I bought mine as an optional extra, and I think it was so much better, cosier and safer looking than just having DD in the buggy lying flat - they're just too tiny as newborns for that I feel. I used mine until about 4 months, but was out with it every day, so totally worth it, and is pristine enough to use again for next baby(s!). x