Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how long after csection?

Can i have another baby? I have heard 6 months and a year but not been advised by docs (I havent asked docs yet) so wondered if any of you ladies have been told what the correct time is to wait? :\)

Replies

• Options
    i think they tend to say six months to be on the safe side but no one mentioned it to me! you are fine to conceive whenever you want, there are differing opinions! come join us in planning!
  • Options
    I was told by my MW after 6 months is fine but a year is preferred.... Check with your HV. imageimage
  • Options
    round here they suggest 12 months,

but you can ttc any time and it just means the closer to the cs the more they monitor you as your womb wall and stomach/skin wall is weaker than if it had been left to heal for longer...

xxx
  • Options
    Spent a lot of time researching this and statistically providing you wait 6 weeks there is less that a 0.05% increase in uterine tear if you fall pg within the first 6 months and then after that the risk of uterine tear doesnt change.

I fell pg when twins were 8 months old then again when baby was 7 months old so come november i will have had 3 sections in under 3 years

xxDBxx
  • Options
    oooh thanks ladies!

just one more question........ can i choose to have another csection now that I have had one?
  • Options
    i was booked in as an elective as he was breech but then a few days before the elective date my bp shot up and had lack of movement. when he was born there was no amniotic fluid so I guess they might consider that do you think?