Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long do teeth take to come through fully?

Hi All,

LO had her first tooth break through the gum on Tuesday and I was wondering how fast they tend to come up to being complete teeth?
xxx

Replies

• its been just under 2 weeks for us for both front bottom teeth x
  • Thanks PP. It's tricky to get to see her teeth as she just sticks her tongue out whenever I try and look! I don't think it's moved up much since sprouting on Tues so will be interesting to see how long it takes. And when the 2nd one pops the gum as I don't think it's far behind.
    xxx
  • I think it varies between babies. My sons seem to come up really fast (between 1-2 weeks) while Ive noticed other babies can take a lot longer. It has only actually just occurred to me how fast my son's come through and it makes me wonder if it's why he has such a tough time (compared to what other mums I know say about their babies and teething pain) - is there more pain if they come through quicker?
  • Yeah it may work like that mummabear. I suppose a slow and gradual tooth would hurt less over a longer period whereas your son may have a lot of pain very quickly.
    I'm considering myself very lucky with my daughter (touch wood so far at least!). Aside from one night where I was up for half hour trying to settle her, she's pretty much been ok. I hope it continues though image
    xxx