Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

baby sleeping bags

ladies i have just bought a 1 tog sleeping bag for my 1 month old.

does she still need a vest and babygrow on at night if we use this? is 1 tog the same as 1 blanket?

just want to check i will be using it correctly.

thank you

xx

Replies

• Options
    Based on what I read I have it in my mind that baby will wear vest, sleepsuit and have 1 tog sleeping bag - as the room temperature is around 19-20'C. Most of the advice is that a nursery should be around 18-20'C and that 2.5 tog is for all year round, but am going to start with 1 tog and night clothes and take it from there.

Would be good to see what others' experience is though as am a novice mum to be and don't know bugger all! lol

x
    36+5
  • Options
    Hi MG. Our room is 21 degrees most of the time and Matilda has been wearing a vest, sleepsuit and the 1 tog bag and seems to be quite happy x
  • Options
    Now the weather is warmed dd's room is 21 degrees. She is a very hot baby so she has a 1tog sleeping bag and a sleep suit. We stopped putting her in a vest last week and she still feels hot when she wakes up!
    xx
  • Options
    my 6 month old wears a vest and baby gro and a 2.5 tog bag, and the room is between 18-19 degrees. Im thinking maybe its time for a a1tog or perhaps drop the vest...
  • Options
    hi, really it depends on the temp of the room as to what to put under what tog, here's a chart from grobag telling u waht clothes, for what tog, for what temp...hth xx

http://www.gro.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions.html#EEC33A9FE3AC407CADF9BF76D6578B43
  • Options
    fab, thank you all.