Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Childcare - Im screwed....

13»

Replies

• Thats a good idea Minni128. I hadnt thought about putting an advert in the uni. We are about 7 miles away from the local uni but I guess someone might be interested.
  • Oh hon, there really is no need for you to justify how you live to anyone. So please don't waste any more of your good energy doing so. Ive been watching this post and it has unnecessarily gone astray - yes it is a public forum where people are entitled to their own opinions, but how much money you have each month and what assets you own have nothing to do with being let down at short notice and now having to find extra money to cover the expense of something that wasnt previously in your budget.
    Yes you will need to make some adjustments somewhere to make ends meet so take on the constructive feedback and advice (like renting a room out) and ignore the speculations of what you currently own and where you spend your money!!

We are now only on 1 wage since we moved country and I had to resign and now am pregnant with #2, and while my husband earns a good wage, we live in a city where living expenses are high. The monthly ingoings only just cover the outgoings. Where I try to save money each month is on the groceries - I buy up bulk when things are on special (nappies, formula, other food items that can be frozen or can be kept in the cupboard for a while). It can make a huge difference!
  • mummabear i do this too my oh is like why are there 4 boxes of washing powder!!! I'm like on offer so we won't need anyfo 4 months lol!!
  • calleigh i think your a little harsh ...in an ideal world if we were all as wonderful as u seem to be with money then yes but you say u work full time and still have to cut back and not have foreign hols??does it not seem pointless??

it is not being wonderful with money. what a ridiculous comment. it's about spending what you have got and saving for when you need it. sadly, it's my wage that we rely on at the moment, so maternity leave meant tightening our belts a lot but i chose to have a child right now, and know she is my responsibility. and how is working pointless when it's a must to pay the bills? or are you suggesing i go part time and claim tax credits? which seems to be peoples answer to everything. claim more! :roll:

goodness i am getting tired of the attitude of if you disagree with someone you are a bad person.
  • mummabear i do this too my oh is like why are there 4 boxes of washing powder!!! I'm like on offer so we won't need anyfo 4 months lol!!

we moved into our place in April - Im still going on the same washing powder and probably still dont need to buy more for another 2-3 months! :lol: