Forum home Babies Baby

Help Baby Bein Sick After Every Feed!!!!!

My little girl is 5 1/2 weeks and she has been on Aptamil from the very start and had no problems but in the last 4 days she is silently vomiting in her crib after feeds (she gets her wind up great) it doesnt bother her but when I notice she is then soaking and I am constantly changing her babygrows. Last night she had a massive vomit and it looked like she brought up the entire bottle it was all over her, me, hubby, the sofa and the floor. She always gets the hiccups after every feed as well. Has anyone got any ideas or advice please!!!

Replies

• Sounds like Reflux to me hun!

Have a word with your HV on Monday, in the meantime, try to keep her upright for about 30mins after feeding...

Don't worry - nothing to worry about, if it is that, you'll get some infant gaviscon which will hopefully sort it all out!

My LO has had reflux for ages now and did exactly what you are describing..

HTH
    C xx
  • Sounds like reflux to me too. It sounds like she's not in pain though but just being sick so a thicker milk may be enough to sort it out. Maybe discuss with the GP moving to Aptamil Easy Digest or SMA Staydown which may sit better in her tummy xx
  • thanks so much girls, going to contact HV in the morning to see if they can give me the gaviscon. I am also trying a new bottle Dr Browns, and I have also been thinking of trying the wasy digest as well.
  • Hollie was like this after every feed and the dr put her on gavascon as it turned out to be reflux,which has seemed to have done the trick.
  • my lo has reflux too. we were given gaviscon and it worked for about 4 days then we were back to square one. i decided to drop gaviscon and use aptimil easy digest/comfort and its worked wonders. We have no sick at all, just a bit of dribble which we can cope with! xx
  • thanks so much girls, im so glad other people have experienced this too!! I have been sitting her up straight for 30 minutes after every feed and I have noticed that we only have 2 or 3 spews now and she sleeps much better as well.