Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nosey post. lol

2»

Replies

• Options
    I met my OH at our local rock club - he was DJ'ing and i saw him and thought yummy! Later in the night i was getting unwanted attention from some drunk weirdo and my hubby came over and told him to bugger off then introduced himself - said he'd seen me about loads but had never had an opportunity to talk to me before. Anyway he had a girlfriend so i wrote him off as a mate but the next day he called me and said he'd finished with his girlfriend (they were on the rocks anyway, i'm not a homewrecker!) and did i fancy going out for a drink? We went out, and were pretty much inseperable from then on. Moved in together 3 months later, engaged another 3 months after that, now 6 years later we're married with a baby! x
  • Options
    i met my oh on the internet, at the time i was going through a very bad stage, i was out everynight,i was depressed, and drinking loads i just wanted someone to talk to anyhow then i met oh he saw my pic but i never saw his was a spur off the moment thing really and dangerous, we got talking and he asked me where i lived i told him then he said no way i live there and it came out he lived a street up, about 50 houses up from me, how strange... since then weve never been apart which is nerly 4 years, i always say lee is my savouir coz he came and helped me when i was at my lowest point in life xxx
  • Options
    Oh MrsGarfieldAckles, me too!

He was originally my ex's best mate - back in the day of being 14. We split up so never saw OH again until my best mate "went out" with him for two weeks and we started talking again. Three months after they split and i was nursing a broken heart too, so Aaron took me out for dinner to cheer me up. Nearly three years later, here we are! (not forgetting to mention that the friend is no longer a friend as she hypocritically tried to have a 'relationship' with said heart breaker and blamed me for it going wrong! Despite me not starting to see OH until she was happy with it). Friends, eh?

What a confusing yet lovely romance image

xxxxx
  • Options
    awww what a fab post .....seems lots us have met our oh's through bf's ...i did too

my bf introduced us in the local night club and i was like "yea hi anyway ive got drinkin to do bye" :lol: i kept seein him driving round town in the car and thought he was fit but was keeping my cool image ...someone then told me he had a girlfriend so to leave well alone :evil: (how did they know i fancied him hmmm ) then a few weeks later i was in the club again and i felt someone come from behind me a grope me so i turned around a slapped them one and ....its was dan :lol: ...7.5 years later we have a beautiful son and daughter and are very happy ...most of the time ! image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    what a grate post image

i met my partner over the internet but through my best friend she was mates with him and they were going to get together but then he met me and he liked me better lol :L bf didnt mind tho acourse i got her permission seeing as she liked him too now nearly 2 and half yrs later and we got our own house and 4 month old daughter and couldnt be any more happier image
  • Options
    I met mine through someone i used to work with - dh is her boyfriends friend. In Wigan everyone goes out in fancy dress on boxing night and i think we were being set up. There was my colleague, her fella, two other couples and me - dh didnt even bother to turn up. I was wearing my sexy police uniform too so he missed out ha ha

Anyway at the end of January it was my colleagues 21st and we met for the first time. He doesnt remember it though cos he was so drunk! I got his number off colleagues fella and text him a week later. We decided to go out that weekend. We were supposed to go to the cinema but there was nothing on so we ended up going the chippy and talking for hours. That was in 2004, when i was 17 and he was 23. We have lived together pretty much ever since. We got engaged in 2005, married in 2007 and baby in 2008!
  • Options
    I met my stud when i worked at a pub/bar on a weekend. he came in with his mates on a bday do, and i challenged them to down their pints with a free one on offer to the winner...he won of course LOL....about half hour later his mate gave me his phone and i put my number in it, he didnt ring me for 6 MONTHS!!......then text me by accident thinkin i was his SIL....so i rang him, and we got chattin and had to figure out how he'd got my number. we were friends for 6 months, dated for another 6 months and got together in oct 07. hes the best thing to ever happen to me, and i love him and our son to bits image
  • Options
    i met my hubby at work.

i was doing full time while trying to get on a teacher training course and he was my boss.

my relationship with boyfrind at the time ended.
    oh texted me and it went from there.

bit of a whirlwind.
    we often talk about how things staryed with us.
    been together 7 years this year. married for 2 years and now we have baby jessica who is 8 weeks and days!!

im sooooooooooooooo happy!!!
  • Options
    i met my hubby at work.

i was doing full time while trying to get on a teacher training course and he was my boss.

my relationship with boyfrind at the time ended.
    oh texted me and it went from there.

bit of a whirlwind.
    we often talk about how things staryed with us.
    been together 7 years this year. married for 2 years and now we have baby jessica who is 8 weeks and days!!

im sooooooooooooooo happy!!!
  • Options
    Oh this is a lovely thread! It brings back all those 'first' memories!

Well, i met my other half in the school playground......3 years ago! I had been divorced for 3 years after i found my first husband had been having a long affair, and my new husband had been widowed and was going through a very tough patch. He had moved to the area about 8 months before and didnt really know anyone, and had enrolled his son into the local junior school, and i remember seeing this very handsome tall man in the playground but he always looked so sad......but i didnt know anything about him. Anyway he had really hit rock bottom and had gone to the doctors who told him that 'you never know whats round the corner', and the very next day his son and my son arranged an after school meet up and so introduced us......i thought 'wow' and apparantly so did he.....i even went home to my mum and said 'i've just met the man i'm going to marry!'. Anyway, after learning about each others history we took it pretty slowly (him being heartbroken and me having huge trust issues!) and we got married in November 07, and have our 4 week old Nathanael now.........and life really couldnt be better.

I have learnt so much from him and his children.......you can't change what has happened but you can make the most of now, and live every day as if its your last.

Keep the stories coming!!

nooniem
    xx
  • Options
    Hi I'm gatecrashing from pregnancy, but will be over here properly in about 7 weeks

so I met my OH in April last year! he was over from Canada for a mutual friend's wedding, we hit it off instantly and got together the night of the wedding, then he only had another week left here so I took it off work and we went on holiday around Scotland (along with the newly-weds, but that's another story!). then he came over to visit again in July, then i went to Canada in August... and came back pg image

he's got his visa all sorted now, and is moving over here as soon as he finishes up a last few bits of work in Vancouver (although to be honest he'd better get a wriggle on or he's going to miss the big event....)

so who knows what the future will bring...watch this space image

aileen xx