Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tommee Tippee sensor pad monitor

Hi ladies

Just wondering if anyone who has this monitor has had any false alarms. My LO is 7.5 months old and it has been fine til last night when the alarm sounded. I shot into her room and she moved and was ok!!!
Just got my mind working overtime then as to whether is was just a false alarm or she actually stopped breathing.
The only thing different is i have put her in her cot for the last 3 nights before that she was in our room in her crib.

XXXXXX

Replies

• I haven't got the TT one I've the Angelcare one but I reckon it goes off twice a week at the mo! Ours goes off cos the bit of wood under the mattress isn't really big enough and so when Finn ends up asleep across the cot at one end it goes off. Do you have to put wood under the TT one? We also turned the sensitivity up on ours a bit and need to again I tihnk, can you do that on yours? It's very annoying that ours keeps going off as it's wkaing Finn up but I'm not ready to do without it yet!
  • I have the angel care one too. I don't have apiece of wood underneath it though!
    It went off twice in ther first month but has not gone off since. Both times it went off dd was fine. Maybe try turning te sensitivity up a bit!
  • ive had loads of false alarms with mine,its when they move of the matt or sometimes they are in such a deep sleep that there breathing becomes slow but at least there over 1 now so ive stopped using them now image

sarah
  • i think all these sensor ones are going to do is stress you out, not being funny but if i had one and it went off id be on pins from then on! my aunt had one and it went off about 4 times a night! she was hanging by the time she decided to throw it because of the worry! xxx
  • hey hun we've had about 3 false alarms in the 7 1/2 months, i think sometimes when they move away from it to far it doesnt sense the movement aswell xxx
  • Despite the false alarms I'd rather still have it. I'd be more stressed without it.
  • We've got an Angelcare one and we put a piece of wood under our LO's mattress which is just shy of the length of the cot and it worked a treat as it went off before hand when he moved up to the top of his cot in the night. It works on the vibrations of your baby so if the wood is as long as their mattress then it should stop it going off.
    I wouldn't be without mine!
    xx
  • ours has gone off a few times. one time he was very very very still (scarily still) and we did have to poke him to see if he was ok - this was a few days after buying it (we only bought it a month or so ago).

some other times he's crawled into the far corner of the cot and been quite still

then other times it's gone off for literally a second and we've no idea why

we love it though and can get some rest knowing that he's ok if the alarm isn't going off. hubby wasn't sleeping before we had it xxx
  • Hi 

i have a 6 1/2 mth old and his in his own room and over the last few days his TT  sensor matt hfatal armed at least 5 times during the night, his perfectly fine every time maybe just in a dif position however is disturbing his sleep etc what's the best age to stop using the Matt??