Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sucking Baby Wipes

13»

Replies

• Options
    PTB, if it helps you understand why some are so against it, for me it is the exact same logic as my DD, who used to pick up a bottle of baby shampoo or body wash sneakily, open the cap and if i wasn't quick enough she'd be licking and sucking away at the bottle. She never ingested huge ammounts, but still, wouldn't that be a bit "wrong" if i just giggled and let her carry on? Of course i said "yuck no Evie we don't eat shampoo" and took away the bottle. In my eyes it's really no different with a baby wipe. I don't think it's neurotic.. just completely sensible
  • Options
    Yes, I see where you're coming from, Linz. I just hadn't really thought very hard about it before now!

I have to admit, Lily has sucked the shampoo bottle before now and although I say "ugh, shampoo's not for eating, it's for washing your hair!" I didn't take it off her! I just figure if she gets a mouthful of shampoo she'll learn the hard way that shampoo's not for eating! :lol:
  • Options
    Not offended at all :\)
  • Options

I left the Sudocrem on the floor once after changing my daughter. A few minutes later I was horrified to come into the room to see her with both hands covered in sudocrem and sudocream all around her mouth and a big smile on her face. She looked like Winnie the Pooh with the honey pot, except that it wasn't honey it was Sudocrem.image

It didn't do her any harm though. Most of these products are tested to make sure they do not harm children as these accidents are bound to happen.

Both my children went through a wet wipe eating phase. I always took it off them as soon as I caught them but I don't think they will do much harm. Best to keep them out of reach though as too much of anything is not a good thing.

• Options

My son is sin mouths and he sucks on baby wipes 

is that safe? Being a new and young mom it worrys Mes

• Options

My LO likes to suck on baby wipes I give her a wet wash cloth to suck on

• Options

Stupid self righteous Bitch!! I will come on here and say it straight forward, I don't care if they kick me off, i have seen countless babies chew on wipes and guess what, nothing happens they are happy healthy babies. You can't give advice without being a bitch, look like the type of person that has to put others down to feel better about themselves 😡😡😡