Forum home Babies Baby

Changing formula milk???

my lo has been on C&G comfort since born as he had problems with trapped wind, he is now 15 weeks old but the hv told me that he will never go more than 2-3 hrs between feeds on the comfort milk as it is digested quicker than the others, i just wondered if i change to another will he get probs with trapped wind again and has anyone any recommendations?

Replies

• I'm not at all sure (my lo was breastfed) but that sounds like complete rubbish. Little babies will always need to feed more frequently than older ones regardless of what formula they are on. I think that Cow and Gate have a hellpline (number is probably on formula box) and they would probably be as good people to ask as any as they should be able to advise you on all the milks that they make.
    Hope that's some help
    Kerry
  • hi my lo is 9 weeks and also on c&g comfort for the same problem but she goes 4 hours sometimes more between feeds, have you tried increaseing the milk to see if lo will go longer between feeds?
  • I have twin girls who were born 8 weeks prem and they suffered dreadfully with wind. Feeding them could take anything from 1-2 hours as the wind was so severe. As soon as you had settled them from the feed it was time to feed them again.

We were using Aptimil First and we changed to Aptimil Easy Digest. It took a few days but made such a difference. It was gentler on their digestive system as it was a 100% whey formula. We stuck with it for 4 weeks and it really made a difference. The girls only went 2-3 hours between feeds whilst on this but I think that was mainly due to their size (as the time between feeds didn't really increase when we went back to the First milk).

As soon as we thought the girls were managing their wind better we started to wean them back onto the First milk, we could then gage if they still needed the Easy Digest milk. We also used Dentinox which we still use as they have gotten windier now that we are weaning them!