Forum home Babies Baby

Ideas for puddings?

Hi mummies
my DD is 7.5 months and is now crawling (eeeek!) and has also increased her solids intake. However I'm struggling with what to make her for pudding?
She always has yoghurt with fresh fruit in (this is usually at lunch time), but what can I give her for after her tea that's going to keep her going??

Any ideas much appreciated, thanks :\) xx

Replies

• Hi I often find it hard to think of pudding ideas that are healthy. I bought a really good book with some ideas in it for all ages and I just adapt them to suit my lo. Some include chocolate pudding - this is made with only coco powder so healthier and they get the extra milk thats in it so a bonus! Sponge pudding, apple and raisin is always been a fav, jelly, milky jelly, rice pudding, also try rice pudding using coconut milk, semolina, and quite often I just give my lo fruit, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries although think my lo was a bit older before I tried these as I was always so scared of him choking. The rice pudding you can make in batches and freeze... Oh a good fruit is mandarins my lo LOVEs these! custard - made with custard powder and fruit.

• how about baked apples??

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut a strip of peel off each apple around it's equator so the apple will not explode in the oven.

Place the apples into an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan, depending on the size of the apples so they fit snug in the pan. Stuff each apple with raisins ( or other fruit if you want). Top each apple with 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Pour apple juice over the brown sugar and into the bottom of the pan. Bake until golden and cooked through, for approximately 1 hour.

serve with either greek yoghurt, custard or ice cream - delicious!!!

• I was wondering the same today as want to make my own but am stuck for ideas. Im in oz now but found that Heinz do an organic baby custard powder that you can mix up with bm or formula and has no sugar (like the normal custard powder and the pre-made baby custards). Not sure if they sell this in the uk as well though - I found it in the baby food section at the supermarket.
  • Thank you SO much ladies!

MrsAmanda you are an absolute star! Thank you very, very, very much. They all sound so yummy! Definitely be giving those a whirl xx