Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

o/t do you check your breasts?

I read an article recently about breast cancer and I wondered how many of us actually check our breasts regularly?
I checked mine for the first time tonight, I have small breasts (36A) so I'm wondering is it normal to feel small lumps inside the breast? I'm assuming that what I can feel is all muscle or something. I'm not tender anywhere and there are no bigger lumps, I'm just unsure beacuse I haven't done it before.
Thanks x x

Replies

• Options
    If you are unsure hun I would make an appointment with a nurse to just be sure. If you can feel any sort of lumps and your not sure if they have always been there its best just to get a second opinion to clear your mind. Im sure you'll be absolutely fine and some people do just have slightly lumpy breats and its normal but if your anything like me I would need to be told its ok to fully believe it or I'd be constantly wondering.

My mum has just been diagnosed with breast cancer so I have checked myself but to be totally honest I have probably only done it once before and Im 25. Im definately going to check more often now and straight to the docs if im unsure on anything as they really dont mind you going for reassurance on things like that.

• Options
    I think that is normal TBH, just the fatty tissue I think? Unless it is actually a properly pronounced lump I dont think it is worrying. But I would check with your GP if you are worried.
    I'm 21 and I haven't checked mine yet. I think oh and even Gabe pays more attention to them than I do ( he doesnt seem to realise they are attached to me and twists the skin arrrrrgh) ! I will start doing it soon though even though there is no family history.
  • Options
    thanks for your replies,
    i'm not worried about it, i'm pretty sure it's normal.
    i'm only 25 so i haven't really thought about doing it before but things really change when you become a mum don't they
    MGMummy, i'm so sorry to hear about your mum, that must be so hard to cope with, i can't imagine.
    Lara, sorry about your oh's grandma, i hope she is ok after her op
    thanks for your reply too TL, i do think it's just the tissues/muscle like you said
    x x