Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my 10mnth old wont sleep in her cot, any suggestions???

Hi all,

my 10mnth old daughter refuses point blank to sleep in her cot, she'll sleep in mine or oh's arms, in my bed or in her buggy (which lies flat) next to my bed.

Ive tried everything, letting her fall asleep on us then putting her in the cot she's ok for 20mins then wakes and starts screaming, i've tried to put the cot in our room incase it was her wanting to be close to me but she still wont stay in it. Tried lying her down again everytime she starts crying on without saying anything but doesnt work, she just keeps getting up and up and have my older childs sleep and my oh's sleep to think of as Tamsyn's screaming on would wake them if i let her go on too long.

ive got my 3rd baby due next month and really wanted to have her settled before baby came, not looking good though. Never had this problem with her older sister though who slept through from about 6 weeks old. Tamsyn still isnt doing that reguardless what she sleeps in. Starting to wear me out as i dont know what to try next. She is too young to put in a bed even though she sleeps fine in bed with me.

Sorry to go on, just could really do with some advice on things i havent tried yet that might work.

Any advice is welcomed, thanks in advance.:\(:cry:cry:

Replies

• My little one was the same, he slept in our bed until 8 months. He would scream hysterically when we put him in his own cot and one night cried so much, when i picked him out his cot, he was sick all over me! I had to take one side of the cot off and put  a duvet on the floor to cushion his falls when he rolls off. He is happy with this. I feed him while he is lying in his cot and I lie next to him on the floor. Seems to work, he does get up in the night for feeds, and I just go, feed him and go back to bed.

Maybe try playing with her in her cot/nursery during the day so she feels comfortable.

Good luck

• Hi

does LO have a comforter? my LO loves a muslin and her lion.. Can sleep anywhere as long as she has them! Even if not attached to anything now, keep putting same thing with her and eventually she will rely on to help fall asleep wherever...

Also.. Maybe put something in the cot smelling of you? T shirt you have worn? Or sleep with a sheet for a few days then fit it to her cot mattress, may bring her comfort? 

get her used to her cot during the day. Playing in it etc .. Maybe it's just somewhere she's not confident being in?

xxx