Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Washing Seat Cover- Maxi Cosi

Has anyone removed their Cabriofox cover for washing? Was it easy t oremove and put back on? I really need to do mind but I'm a bit concerned! x

Replies

• Unless I was being a complete spanner unfortunately I found it a bit of a pain. I couldn't detach the cover from the seat fully - it mostly came off but the loop of belt which you use to tighten it at the front seemed to stop it coming off completely. I had to sort of drape it into the shower tray with the seat still attached.

I hope someone can tell us how it's done because mine is due a clean too! image
  • DOH! As suspected, I am a spanner :lol:

Can you stick it in the washing machine?
  • That makes me a spanner too!! I had no idea you could take the cover right off and I used mine for 3 children so that was more than a couple of washes!!! I used to wash the whole thing in the bath and then stick it in the middle of the washing line, it looked so funny!!!! I guess at least I know for nxt time!!! lol x
  • I have been trying to work out how to get this cover off for two months!!!! Thanks so much Cornetto - simple when you know how!! emily 

• We got ours off after a bit off wrestling & I put it through wasdhing machine on cold wash after LO had been sick all over it!! It does however say it shouldn't be machine washed...

• we washed the newborn car seat one. My mum got it on and off again, she said it was tough but she managed it. We were offered our second car seat from a friend - again maxicosi. It has been in an outhouse and was covered in old food, having gone through 3 kids already for several years each. it said handwash only on the label which seems crazy to me for a car seat that will be used over 4 years for a messy child! When we went on the website, it said the car seat cover was glued rather than stitched and loads of people had commented how it just came apart in the wash. The newborn one washed no problem though.

we politely declined the 2nd car seat and bought a new britax one, lovely and comfy with easily removable and washable cover. x

• Its not easy. Its so not easy I wrote a guide on it after snapping our polystyrene insert. Have a look at:

http://dadbab.com/how-to/cabriofix-cover/

• Try a wool wash first! It's less effort than hand wash and better results! as for removing cover I found it very easy, if you are un sure about removing the cover take photo's of each step you do !!! you will find  it so much easier to put back on ! Honestly I have never used a baby car seat or removed covers but today I am an expertimage basically it easy image