Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any tips on waking a sleeping baby up

Well, i am aving trouble waking my daughter up to feed her, she is only 7 days but as she isnt feeding properly i av to wake her up. Any tips on how i could wake her up and keep her awake for long enough to feed her?

Replies

• I dont know what you have tried but changing their nappy usually helps or blowing on their face lightly.
  • Tickling her feet during her feed should help her stay awake! My mum and the midwife swore by it.

Hannah xx
  • If my daughter fell asleep during her feed I used to stroke her cheek and she'd start up again x
  • Hi hon
    We had this. Now we save changinga nappy for half way through feed and sometimes if he is being a pain we change his outfit one bit at a time so lay him down, change nappy and feed, then when we stops we put his vest on him and try again, then we put his bodysuit on and try again, we can usually get an oz each time! Sitting up is a good one and burping.
    Stroking under their chin helps when they are little too.
    Good luck xxx
  • I take off a layer if he gets sleepy or blow down his back as blowing on his face does nothing!! Alas though he is one of those babies who usually will not wake up for love nor money of he's really tired - you can actually bath him sleeping! My mil says my oh was exactly the same...men!! Haha x