Forum home Babies Baby

SMA Gold

hi i was just wondering if anyone else's baby seemed to have a bottomless pit for a stomach whilst feeding on sma gold. My little girl Eve (16wks) has always been a big hungry baby but she is now on solids and is still drinking 6 9oz bottles a day.

[Modified by: jeannie on 13 February 2007 11:08:12 ]

Replies

• Hi Jeannie my daughter was exactly the same, i put her on sma white, but still drank and drank, my hv said to try and give her a tiny bit of baby rice in mornings, as she is only 15 weeks and there are different guidelines for weaning so speak to hv as she will judge by weight etc. My daughter took to it really well for a 15 week old, but is still on 6x90z bottles a day but is not constantly wanting more. She has settled better. My hv told me to give her little bits as her weight gain was quite huge as she has now managed to go over the 98th centile on her chart so i need to slow the gain down as she has got very large very quickly she was 7lb at birth, born 3 weeks early and now weighs 15lb 9.

Hope this helps
    xxxxxx
  • Thanks Eve was the same on sma white. She has been on solids for a couple of weeks now but she doesnt seem to be drinking any less milk. Eve is a big girl she was 9lb 5oz at birth and when i last had her weighed at 13wks she was 18lb 11oz. its really good that where you stay they give you advice on their weight gain, i dont know if its cause i stay in scotland but when i take eve to get weighed they only ever tell you how huch she weighs now.

[Modified by: jeannie on February 13, 2007 11:40 AM]
  • Its nice to know that I am not the only one who has had to put a younger baby on solids, as you always get different comments about the guidelines of weaning. I am lucky with my hv she is the same one I had with my eldest and I had pnd after first so she has been a huge support. My youngest is definately a lot bigger than what my eldest was so its a bit of a shock to me but they have said that she is going to be tall too. It just feels like they get sooo big sooo fast.
    xx
  • HI

MY LITTLE BOY COLE IS 14 WEEKS AND HE WAS THE SAME ON SMA GOLD

JUST PUT HIM ON SMA WHITE

HE WAS A SMALL WEIGHT BORN BECAUSE MY PLACENTA WAS DAMAGED AND HE WAS BORN EARLY AS I HAD PRE-ECLAMPYSIA BUT HIS WEIGHT GAIN IS REALLY COMING ON

HE WAS 5LB 14 OZ BORN AND IS NOW 12LB 2 OZ

DO YOU KNOW WHEN i CAN START GIVING HIM BABY RICE??

IS IT 4 MONTHS?

• Hi, Jilly on baby food products it does say 4 months, but all guidelines you see are different some even say they shouldnt have anything but milk until 6 months???? I had to wean my daughter at 14 weeks as she was getting very big and milk just wasnt enough. I had to discuss it with my hv and weigh out the pros and cons with her as she was 3 and a half weeks early and was a bit risky. They also say about when the baby is holding their own head, able to sit with supportn etc, I think your best bet would be to discuss with your hv and she will just go through the weight etc, I found it helped but I know not all hv's are all that good. Hope this helps good luck xxxx
  • Thanks for getting back to me x

i will have a word with my health visitor